How did I not know there was an official Strummer - Pogues live album

General music discussion.
AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

Re: How did I not know there was an official Strummer - Pogues live album

Post by AudioAmmunition »

JohnS wrote:
07 Feb 2017, 9:33am
If anyone wants the other Pogues boxset ('Just Look Them Straight In The Eye') you can get it as a download for £7.49 MP3 / £12.49 higher-res.
Or you can just pick off the interesting tracks, e.g. Afro Cuban Bebop

http://www.junodownload.com/search/?q%5 ... +pogues%22

I still can't work out if this site is legit - if it is, the artists must get peanuts in royalties. (Or, the price for a download of a box set is fair, and is only what the artists get even if you bought the physical set anyway, which is a real eye-opener)
eg. You can get the Clash Sound System downloads for the same deal!
This is a fantastic site John, as you say not sure how legit it is. The pricing strategy seems to be 'nothing over £12.49'

As a trial purchase I bought the Pistols Sex Box £12.49, downloaded @ 44.1kHz / 16 bit FLAC (ie CD quality), playing it now absolutely perfect.

Now just downloading Sound System and have my eye on a couple of The Jam deluxe editions (bizarrely The Gift Deluxe (30 tracks), Super Deluxe (59 tracks) both £12.49)

For those that don't have it the Fire and Skill box set is a total steal at this price (hopefully not literally).

Single albums seem to be sensibly priced at £9 - £10 but after the £12.49 ceiling the sky's the limit - box sets, limited editions, you name it.

There are a few Costello deluxe editions which are long out of print which I already have but are well worth a purchase if you haven't got them.

Having just bought a Sony HDD Audio player and been ripping a lot of CDs to that, could spend hours browsing this site.

'Fill yer boots' in case it closes tomorrow!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: How did I not know there was an official Strummer - Pogues live album

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
08 Feb 2017, 8:48am
Young Ned of the Hill is one of my favourite songs by anyone, ever.
This is a great version of it:

Ron Kavana and Terry Woods did some cool stuff together.