New Madness singles.

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 37793
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: New Madness singles.

Post by Marky Dread » 29 Oct 2016, 5:13am

My box came this morning. :approve:
"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 16168
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: New Madness singles.

Post by 101Walterton » 29 Oct 2016, 4:32pm

Marky Dread wrote:My box came this morning. :approve:
And????????

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 37793
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: New Madness singles.

Post by Marky Dread » 29 Oct 2016, 7:22pm

101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:My box came this morning. :approve:
And????????
It's a box with two CD's and a game I'll never play. The second disc is great though but I won't spoil things for you, that way you'll enjoy it all the more.
"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 16168
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: New Madness singles.

Post by 101Walterton » 29 Oct 2016, 8:28pm

Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:My box came this morning. :approve:
And????????
It's a box with two CD's and a game I'll never play. The second disc is great though but I won't spoil things for you, that way you'll enjoy it all the more.

The email I got saying there was a delay said something about bespoke packaging and individual printing???

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 16168
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: New Madness singles.

Post by 101Walterton » 30 Oct 2016, 2:07am

Just found a card from the courier company in the letterbox they allegedly tried to deliver one of my two copies on Friday!!!!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 37793
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: New Madness singles.

Post by Marky Dread » 30 Oct 2016, 10:05am

101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:My box came this morning. :approve:
And????????
It's a box with two CD's and a game I'll never play. The second disc is great though but I won't spoil things for you, that way you'll enjoy it all the more.

The email I got saying there was a delay said something about bespoke packaging and individual printing???
I have no idea what isbespoke about it. I expect they all look the same but hey who knows.
"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76356
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: New Madness singles.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 30 Oct 2016, 1:49pm

Saw this on Dime a Dozen just now and DL'd it for y'alls

Madness
BBC Session (for Dermot O'Leary show)
BBC Radio 2 Studios
Western House
London
U.K.
2016-10-29

Suggs & Mike Barson

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07zmsks
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04dk9wr

Digital Satellite (prerecorded?) broadcast 2016-10-29 MPEG1 layer 2 48kHz @ 192kbps:
BBC Radio 2 > DVB-S > TBS 6984 > DVBviewer > .mp2 >
Mpeg2Schnitt (trimming) > .mp2. Tags added with Mp3tag.

1. Interview
2. Mr Apples
3. Interview
4. Kooks
5. Closing comments
Total Time : [17:40]

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6hpm87dtl ... 29-mp2.zip

I haven't done anything to the files, so no idea about the quality, etc.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 16168
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: New Madness singles.

Post by 101Walterton » 30 Oct 2016, 1:51pm

Thanks Doc.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 37793
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: New Madness singles.

Post by Marky Dread » 30 Oct 2016, 2:06pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:Saw this on Dime a Dozen just now and DL'd it for y'alls

Madness
BBC Session (for Dermot O'Leary show)
BBC Radio 2 Studios
Western House
London
U.K.
2016-10-29

Suggs & Mike Barson

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07zmsks
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04dk9wr

Digital Satellite (prerecorded?) broadcast 2016-10-29 MPEG1 layer 2 48kHz @ 192kbps:
BBC Radio 2 > DVB-S > TBS 6984 > DVBviewer > .mp2 >
Mpeg2Schnitt (trimming) > .mp2. Tags added with Mp3tag.

1. Interview
2. Mr Apples
3. Interview
4. Kooks
5. Closing comments
Total Time : [17:40]

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6hpm87dtl ... 29-mp2.zip

I haven't done anything to the files, so no idea about the quality, etc.
Much appreciated, nice one. :approve:
"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

pachyderm
User avatar
Dirty Punk
Posts: 58
Joined: 16 Jul 2017, 7:41am
Location: location, location...

Re: New Madness singles.

Post by pachyderm » 22 Jul 2017, 7:52am

Marky Dread wrote:
08 Sep 2016, 10:15am
I like this.
reminds me of johnny the horse .. which is a much better song.


wonder why Wonderful isn't available on iTunes..?


Suggs is a Chelsea fan... meh!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 16168
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: New Madness singles.

Post by 101Walterton » 22 Jul 2017, 5:25pm

pachyderm wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 7:52am
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Sep 2016, 10:15am
I like this.
reminds me of johnny the horse .. which is a much better song.


wonder why Wonderful isn't available on iTunes..?


Suggs is a Chelsea fan... meh!
Both great songs. I just picked up the Record Store Day 7" of Johnny The Horse / Drip Fed Fred.

pachyderm
User avatar
Dirty Punk
Posts: 58
Joined: 16 Jul 2017, 7:41am
Location: location, location...

Re: New Madness singles.

Post by pachyderm » 23 Jul 2017, 9:19am

101Walterton wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 5:25pm
pachyderm wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 7:52am
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Sep 2016, 10:15am
I like this.
reminds me of johnny the horse .. which is a much better song.


wonder why Wonderful isn't available on iTunes..?


Suggs is a Chelsea fan... meh!
Both great songs. I just picked up the Record Store Day 7" of Johnny The Horse / Drip Fed Fred.


ha! great!

drip fed fred though...least fave on that lp.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 16168
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: New Madness singles.

Post by 101Walterton » 23 Jul 2017, 2:54pm

pachyderm wrote:
23 Jul 2017, 9:19am
101Walterton wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 5:25pm
pachyderm wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 7:52am
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Sep 2016, 10:15am
I like this.
reminds me of johnny the horse .. which is a much better song.


wonder why Wonderful isn't available on iTunes..?


Suggs is a Chelsea fan... meh!
Both great songs. I just picked up the Record Store Day 7" of Johnny The Horse / Drip Fed Fred.


ha! great!

drip fed fred though...least fave on that lp.
Really? It is a classic Madness track and not to mention Ian Dury's last recording before his death.

pachyderm
User avatar
Dirty Punk
Posts: 58
Joined: 16 Jul 2017, 7:41am
Location: location, location...

Re: New Madness singles.

Post by pachyderm » 23 Jul 2017, 9:45pm

yeah, i wouldn't lie about that.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27765
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: New Madness singles.

Post by Heston » 24 Jul 2017, 4:43am

I'm not a fan of Drip Fed Fred either.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: laxman and 1 guest