Swindle Remixed

General music discussion.
muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4210
Joined: 19 Feb 2009, 1:10pm

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by muppet hi fi » 09 Sep 2016, 8:53pm

Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
I know him well and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.
I trust him and I wouldn't throw him far because I know him.
Sound moderately fair to me.
Me? Moderately? Sounds too fair.
Well as long as you know I did you no wrong. ;)
God save Markyyyyy
no fascist is he!
He may be a moron
pun-tential ape man...

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35452
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Marky Dread » 09 Sep 2016, 9:05pm

muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote: I trust him and I wouldn't throw him far because I know him.
Sound moderately fair to me.
Me? Moderately? Sounds too fair.
Well as long as you know I did you no wrong. ;)
God save Markyyyyy
no fascist is he!
He may be a moron
pun-tential ape man...
:mrgreen:
Image
Image

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 31911
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by tepista » 20 Sep 2017, 12:04pm

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7406
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Kory » 20 Sep 2017, 12:52pm

tepista wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 12:04pm
did you guyses (Marky) see this?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sex-pi ... n-october/
I'd get that for the DVD, at least, but they really could have made it VFM by including the Grundy show, the footage of them signing the A&M contract, etc.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35452
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Marky Dread » 20 Sep 2017, 2:48pm

Kory wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 12:52pm
tepista wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 12:04pm
did you guyses (Marky) see this?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sex-pi ... n-october/
I'd get that for the DVD, at least, but they really could have made it VFM by including the Grundy show, the footage of them signing the A&M contract, etc.
Another cash-in. I give up they just reissued "Some Product Carri-On Sex Pistols" with extra interviews but nothing that hasn't been released before. The book from the deluxe bollocks set is also getting a stand alone release.
Image
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71177
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Dr. Medulla » 20 Sep 2017, 2:56pm

I enjoy the endless repackaging and reissues with the Pistols because it means that a spectral McLaren can cackle on the other side.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12601
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Silent Majority » 20 Sep 2017, 3:01pm

Marky Dread wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 2:48pm
Kory wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 12:52pm
tepista wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 12:04pm
did you guyses (Marky) see this?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sex-pi ... n-october/
I'd get that for the DVD, at least, but they really could have made it VFM by including the Grundy show, the footage of them signing the A&M contract, etc.
Another cash-in. I give up they just reissued "Some Product Carri-On Sex Pistols" with extra interviews but nothing that hasn't been released before. The book from the deluxe bollocks set is also getting a stand alone release.
I disagree with Herr Doktor above, they should be ashamed of themselves for rereleasing Some Product. An unfunny joke at the time, fuck em for wanting money for it in 2017.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71177
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Dr. Medulla » 20 Sep 2017, 3:08pm

Silent Majority wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 3:01pm
Marky Dread wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 2:48pm
Kory wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 12:52pm
tepista wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 12:04pm
did you guyses (Marky) see this?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sex-pi ... n-october/
I'd get that for the DVD, at least, but they really could have made it VFM by including the Grundy show, the footage of them signing the A&M contract, etc.
Another cash-in. I give up they just reissued "Some Product Carri-On Sex Pistols" with extra interviews but nothing that hasn't been released before. The book from the deluxe bollocks set is also getting a stand alone release.
I disagree with Herr Doktor above, they should be ashamed of themselves for rereleasing Some Product. An unfunny joke at the time, fuck em for wanting money for it in 2017.
The concept of shame is allergic to any Sex Pistols release. It proves McLaren's point about demystifying rock and youth culture (even as the joke's more on him: no one really cares either).
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14833
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by 101Walterton » 20 Sep 2017, 3:17pm

Silent Majority wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 3:01pm
Marky Dread wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 2:48pm
Kory wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 12:52pm
tepista wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 12:04pm
did you guyses (Marky) see this?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sex-pi ... n-october/
I'd get that for the DVD, at least, but they really could have made it VFM by including the Grundy show, the footage of them signing the A&M contract, etc.
Another cash-in. I give up they just reissued "Some Product Carri-On Sex Pistols" with extra interviews but nothing that hasn't been released before. The book from the deluxe bollocks set is also getting a stand alone release.
I disagree with Herr Doktor above, they should be ashamed of themselves for rereleasing Some Product. An unfunny joke at the time, fuck em for wanting money for it in 2017.
I agree a re release is not necessary however I loved the original release when it came out and still have it. At the time it served a purpose for fans because you never got to hear the band or see them on RV. They were never on radio or television so all you got was what the papers printed.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35452
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Marky Dread » 20 Sep 2017, 5:10pm

101Walterton wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 3:17pm
Silent Majority wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 3:01pm
Marky Dread wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 2:48pm
Kory wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 12:52pm
tepista wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 12:04pm
did you guyses (Marky) see this?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sex-pi ... n-october/
I'd get that for the DVD, at least, but they really could have made it VFM by including the Grundy show, the footage of them signing the A&M contract, etc.
Another cash-in. I give up they just reissued "Some Product Carri-On Sex Pistols" with extra interviews but nothing that hasn't been released before. The book from the deluxe bollocks set is also getting a stand alone release.
I disagree with Herr Doktor above, they should be ashamed of themselves for rereleasing Some Product. An unfunny joke at the time, fuck em for wanting money for it in 2017.
I agree a re release is not necessary however I loved the original release when it came out and still have it. At the time it served a purpose for fans because you never got to hear the band or see them on RV. They were never on radio or television so all you got was what the papers printed.
I dunno considering their notoriety I think they were on plenty of Tv and Radio shows. The problem being they ended up being banned which for any Pistols fan at the tim,e was all part and parcel of the fun.
Image
Image

coffeepotman
Junco Partner
Posts: 478
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 1:51pm

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by coffeepotman » 20 Sep 2017, 5:41pm

That record changed my life so they can re-re-re-re-re-lease a million times, I have no problem with that as long as there is someone who is not heard it they should re-release it. I think it's amazing that they only made one album and a few B-sides and we are still talking about it 40 years later.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35452
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Marky Dread » 20 Sep 2017, 5:52pm

coffeepotman wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 5:41pm
That record changed my life so they can re-re-re-re-re-lease a million times, I have no problem with that as long as there is someone who is not heard it they should re-release it. I think it's amazing that they only made one album and a few B-sides and we are still talking about it 40 years later.
Same here however some cosideration to the fans would be nice. I'm not referring to NMTBHTSP but all the other cash-in's like that live '76 box set from last year which offered very little new to the die-hards and could've been a single CD instead of milked into a box set of stuff that we already mostly had.
Image
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71177
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Dr. Medulla » 20 Sep 2017, 6:18pm

Marky Dread wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 5:52pm
Same here however some cosideration to the fans would be nice. I'm not referring to NMTBHTSP but all the other cash-in's like that live '76 box set from last year which offered very little new to the die-hards and could've been a single CD instead of milked into a box set of stuff that we already mostly had.
Does the band have input over these re-re-re-releases and repackage jobs? I thought Lydon divested himself of any say several years back (tho, I assume, he still gets the royalties) and I'd be surprised if he did so if the others still had control.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35452
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Marky Dread » 20 Sep 2017, 6:27pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 6:18pm
Marky Dread wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 5:52pm
Same here however some cosideration to the fans would be nice. I'm not referring to NMTBHTSP but all the other cash-in's like that live '76 box set from last year which offered very little new to the die-hards and could've been a single CD instead of milked into a box set of stuff that we already mostly had.
Does the band have input over these re-re-re-releases and repackage jobs? I thought Lydon divested himself of any say several years back (tho, I assume, he still gets the royalties) and I'd be surprised if he did so if the others still had control.
Not to my knowledge but you may be correct. I know he (Lydon) was fiercely proud of the Bollocks album. He always made sure of any official product with him was presented well like not releasing the Filth & the Fury movie until the soundtrack was digitalised propery from analogue tapes. But there has always been so much bullshit surrounding the nefarious product.
Image
Image

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12601
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Silent Majority » 21 Sep 2017, 4:08am

Never Mind the Bollocks also changed my life, they're welcome to rerelease that til the big crunch.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests