Swindle Remixed

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35378
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Marky Dread » 09 Sep 2016, 2:52pm

Here are Paul Cook's original lyrics to "I Did You No Wrong" which John Rotten later changed. Wally wrote the music.
Image
Image

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12591
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Silent Majority » 09 Sep 2016, 3:11pm

Fascinating pair of reads, Mark.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

coffeepotman
Junco Partner
Posts: 475
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 1:51pm

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by coffeepotman » 09 Sep 2016, 5:23pm

Ah man, that is incredible! I used to be a big Sex Pistols collector but lost most everything in a fire, that's amazing. The Sex Pistols were my gateway into punk when Sid Killed Nancy it was on the news with some Pistols song in the background and I was hooked!

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4208
Joined: 19 Feb 2009, 1:10pm

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by muppet hi fi » 09 Sep 2016, 5:33pm

Mr. Dread's a true international treasure trove of musical knowledge and generosity. We all owe him a debt of gratitude.

"Don't argue with Marky Dread, mon!"

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35378
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Marky Dread » 09 Sep 2016, 6:45pm

muppet hi fi wrote:Mr. Dread's a true international treasure trove of musical knowledge and generosity. We all owe him a debt of gratitude.

"Don't argue with Marky Dread, mon!"
Fuck him, he knows shit!
Image
Image

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7371
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Kory » 09 Sep 2016, 7:07pm

Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Put Bollocks on in the car the other day and I have to agree. Just a damn perfect song.
I guess we just need more contemporary bands to be influenced by The Faces.
Umm in a way but that's far from the full story with the Pistols. There's no way John Joseph Lydon was ever influenced by The Faces.
Man, you guys are so serious.
There are always the "Smilies" where you can drop a subtle hint you know. ;)
I guess I just thought you guys payed so much attention to everything I post that you already knew all the subtleties of my humor. :cry:
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35378
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Marky Dread » 09 Sep 2016, 7:15pm

Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
I guess we just need more contemporary bands to be influenced by The Faces.
Umm in a way but that's far from the full story with the Pistols. There's no way John Joseph Lydon was ever influenced by The Faces.
Man, you guys are so serious.
There are always the "Smilies" where you can drop a subtle hint you know. ;)
I guess I just thought you guys payed so much attention to everything I post that you already knew all the subtleties of my humor. :cry:
I understand nobody, least of all you. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :mrgreen:
Image
Image

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7371
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Kory » 09 Sep 2016, 7:19pm

Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Umm in a way but that's far from the full story with the Pistols. There's no way John Joseph Lydon was ever influenced by The Faces.
Man, you guys are so serious.
There are always the "Smilies" where you can drop a subtle hint you know. ;)
I guess I just thought you guys payed so much attention to everything I post that you already knew all the subtleties of my humor. :cry:
I understand nobody, least of all you. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :mrgreen:
I just realized I spelled paid incorrectly. :disshame:
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35378
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Marky Dread » 09 Sep 2016, 7:21pm

Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Man, you guys are so serious.
There are always the "Smilies" where you can drop a subtle hint you know. ;)
I guess I just thought you guys payed so much attention to everything I post that you already knew all the subtleties of my humor. :cry:
I understand nobody, least of all you. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :mrgreen:
I just realized I spelled paid incorrectly. :disshame:
Oh it's OK I never payed attention. :shifty:
Image
Image

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4208
Joined: 19 Feb 2009, 1:10pm

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by muppet hi fi » 09 Sep 2016, 7:23pm

Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:Mr. Dread's a true international treasure trove of musical knowledge and generosity. We all owe him a debt of gratitude.

"Don't argue with Marky Dread, mon!"
Fuck him, he knows shit!
Fuck! Shit! He knows him!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35378
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Marky Dread » 09 Sep 2016, 7:24pm

muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:Mr. Dread's a true international treasure trove of musical knowledge and generosity. We all owe him a debt of gratitude.

"Don't argue with Marky Dread, mon!"
Fuck him, he knows shit!
Fuck! Shit! He knows him!
I know him well and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.
Image
Image

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4208
Joined: 19 Feb 2009, 1:10pm

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by muppet hi fi » 09 Sep 2016, 7:35pm

Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:Mr. Dread's a true international treasure trove of musical knowledge and generosity. We all owe him a debt of gratitude.

"Don't argue with Marky Dread, mon!"
Fuck him, he knows shit!
Fuck! Shit! He knows him!
I know him well and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.
I trust him and I wouldn't throw him far because I know him.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35378
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Marky Dread » 09 Sep 2016, 7:38pm

muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:Mr. Dread's a true international treasure trove of musical knowledge and generosity. We all owe him a debt of gratitude.

"Don't argue with Marky Dread, mon!"
Fuck him, he knows shit!
Fuck! Shit! He knows him!
I know him well and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.
I trust him and I wouldn't throw him far because I know him.
Sound moderately fair to me.
Image
Image

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4208
Joined: 19 Feb 2009, 1:10pm

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by muppet hi fi » 09 Sep 2016, 7:48pm

Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Fuck him, he knows shit!
Fuck! Shit! He knows him!
I know him well and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.
I trust him and I wouldn't throw him far because I know him.
Sound moderately fair to me.
Me? Moderately? Sounds too fair.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35378
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Swindle Remixed

Post by Marky Dread » 09 Sep 2016, 8:24pm

muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote: Fuck! Shit! He knows him!
I know him well and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.
I trust him and I wouldn't throw him far because I know him.
Sound moderately fair to me.
Me? Moderately? Sounds too fair.
Well as long as you know I did you no wrong. ;)
Image
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests