The Kinks song you're thinking about right now thread

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: The Kinks song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Marky Dread » 22 Oct 2017, 8:00am

Silent Majority wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 3:51am
I'm sure trans people have a complicated relationship with it at best, but Lola was a song which helped raise my consciousness on the gender spectrum when I was an immature, hateful little dolt. I find the song to be coming from a good place on the whole in 2017, but I can see why some might find it distasteful. I think it shows that problematic stuff with underformed politics can still do good in the world. Of course, a genius tune and performance helps.
It's a fabulous song written by someone with a fantastic social eye who has a good heart.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: The Kinks song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by Silent Majority » 22 Oct 2017, 8:01am

Marky Dread wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 8:00am
Silent Majority wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 3:51am
I'm sure trans people have a complicated relationship with it at best, but Lola was a song which helped raise my consciousness on the gender spectrum when I was an immature, hateful little dolt. I find the song to be coming from a good place on the whole in 2017, but I can see why some might find it distasteful. I think it shows that problematic stuff with underformed politics can still do good in the world. Of course, a genius tune and performance helps.
It's a fabulous song written by someone with a fantastic social eye who has a good heart.
Well said.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/