The Bowie song you're thinking about right now thread

General music discussion.
coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: The Bowie song you're thinking about right now thread

Post by coffeepotman »

I've heard the entire album a few times now and it really doesn't excite me, it's more of a curiosity. I think they could have done so much more.
I wonder what David would have thought of it, sorta of like Streetcore. Would they be the same had they lived, I doubt it. And why wasn't Gail Ann Dorsey involved, she played bass with David forever, I would bet she wasn't too hip on the idea.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

coffeepotman wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 4:49pm
I've heard the entire album a few times now and it really doesn't excite me, it's more of a curiosity. I think they could have done so much more.
I wonder what David would have thought of it, sorta of like Streetcore. Would they be the same had they lived, I doubt it. And why wasn't Gail Ann Dorsey involved, she played bass with David forever, I would bet she wasn't too hip on the idea.
It's a curiosity for sure...but I believe the idea of trying to remake the album originated with Bowie. I don't think Dorsey started playing with Bowie until maybe Earthling?? I know Carlos Alomar liked the idea.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Gail and Sterling were on Earthling, Reeves goes back to Tin Machine. j The bass player on the new album is from the Blackstar band.
I've really given it a chance but since the original NLMD is a turd, this is just polishing it. Should have let the Sales brothers with Reeves redo it and turn it into a Tin Machine album, really rocked it up.