Post by WestwayKid »

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: The Thread to Ruminate About Mike Love's Rape Van

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:
15 Jun 2018, 10:29am
Sirius has a seasonal Beach Boys station, and it just snapped from “God Only Knows” to something from the 90s and I almost got a nosebleed from the psychic shock.
I love that station so much: http://clashcity.com/boards/viewtopic.p ... ys#p494240
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Brian goes punk! Always loved this outtake as it is just so freakin' insane. I think we're talking garbage bags full of coke blowing through the studio! One can only imagine what one Michael Edward Love thought about this! Ha, ha, ha!

Flex

Post by Flex »

I'd kill for an official release of Drip Drop. Well, I'd kill Wolter anyways.

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
15 Jun 2018, 12:04pm
I'd kill for an official release of Drip Drop. Well, I'd kill Wolter anyways.
It’s no more than I deserve.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex

Post by Flex »

This interview from 1980 is painful to watch:

Pex Lives!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

This is equally painful to listen to...

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Sick dance moves from the rape king:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 5:15pm
Sick dance moves from the rape king:
I'll bet you he could recite how profitable the movie was and how many weeks it was in the the top ten.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... ll-702997/

I'm not currently a satellite radio subscriber - but I might need to pick it up to listen to this. I'm not expecting much (I really don't want to hear about their Royal Philharmonic Orchestra LP)...but could be one of the last times these guys actually get together in one place.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I've got the Cubs-Nats game on and there's a dude sitting behind home plate that looks like Mike. Ball cap, ugly yellow jacket, same facial hair, creepy smile. Pretty sure it isn't him, but, fuck, that's a look to avoid in life.

edit: Nope, not him, but what the hell, guy.
Don't Be Like Mike1.jpg
Don't Be Like Mike1.jpg (83.51 KiB) Viewed 4821 times
Don't Be Like Mike2.jpg
Don't Be Like Mike2.jpg (97.13 KiB) Viewed 4821 times
edit2: The dink stood up. That yellow jacket is some kind of M & M's jacket. Good god.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 3:34pm
I've got the Cubs-Nats game on and there's a dude sitting behind home plate that looks like Mike. Ball cap, ugly yellow jacket, same facial hair, creepy smile. Pretty sure it isn't him, but, fuck, that's a look to avoid in life.

Don't Be Like Mike1.jpg
Don't Be Like Mike2.jpg

edit2: The dink stood up. That yellow jacket is some kind of M & M's jacket. Good god.
Looks like a NASCAR jacket. Made to resemble a driver's uniform. You can see some of the sponsor "decals" in the photo. I really hate those things. I grew up in a family of race fans so I had a front row seat to watch NASCAR descend into some horrid hell. Those jackets became popular around the time Dale Earnhardt was made the god of rednecks everywhere. The only thing worse is when you see someone in a Monte Carlo all tricked out in decals to look like a race car.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 9:28am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Don't Be Like Mike1.jpg
Don't Be Like Mike2.jpg

Looks like a NASCAR jacket. Made to resemble a driver's uniform. You can see some of the sponsor "decals" in the photo. I really hate those things. I grew up in a family of race fans so I had a front row seat to watch NASCAR descend into some horrid hell. Those jackets became popular around the time Dale Earnhardt was made the god of rednecks everywhere. The only thing worse is when you see someone in a Monte Carlo all tricked out in decals to look like a race car.
No, it was actual M&M logos all over it. My screencapping is shit, but while watching the game I could see that he was wearing, basically, an M&M Peanuts bag.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 10:32am
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Don't Be Like Mike1.jpg
Don't Be Like Mike2.jpg

No, it was actual M&M logos all over it. My screencapping is shit, but while watching the game I could see that he was wearing, basically, an M&M Peanuts bag.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 10:32am
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Don't Be Like Mike1.jpg
Don't Be Like Mike2.jpg

Now I really want to know what this guy's story is. Is he, like, King of M&Ms? Is he one of those weird wealthy dudes that collects dumb stuff? Did he win an M&M-sponsored contest? Did he lose an M&M-sponsored contest? etc..
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/