The KISS thread

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The KISS thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 6:31pm
From the outage:
Priceless, I'd missed that. :lol:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

I started skimming my old write ups of 80s KISS and god damn, I can't remember how almost any of these songs go. And I spent a decent amount of time with them too. I deemed the Beach Boys output at the time to be worst, but it is certainly more memorable.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 12:22pm
I started skimming my old write ups of 80s KISS and god damn, I can't remember how almost any of these songs go. And I spent a decent amount of time with them too. I deemed the Beach Boys output at the time to be worst, but it is certainly more memorable.
The brain has a way of protecting us from trauma by not retaining harmful memories.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 12:28pm
matedog wrote:
The brain has a way of protecting us from trauma by not retaining harmful memories.
And it’ll randomly come up. I’ll be in the middle of a meeting and breakdown in tears singing Thrills in the Night.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 1:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
And it’ll randomly come up. I’ll be in the middle of a meeting and breakdown in tears singing Thrills in the Night.
HR just thinks you're mentally, not realizing, no, those tears make sense.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 3:16pm
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 3:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 3:16pm
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Heston used to sing that song to his child at bedtime every night. :ohboy:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 5:01am
I'm fairly sure that's a repeat.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 7:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 5:01am
I'm fairly sure that's a repeat.
Damn, I thought so, but Eric Singers aren't easy to find and this one was too goofy to pass up. But full marks to you for your KISS Fan Art Eagle Eye™!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Never let it be said that I don't want people to feel cheated, so here's a different Eric Singer.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 7:41am
Never let it be said that I don't want people to feel cheated
"Welcome to Hooky''s Abominable Art InKorporated, we aim to unplease."
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 10:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 7:41am
Never let it be said that I don't want people to feel cheated
"Welcome to Hooky''s Abominable Art InKorporated, we aim to unplease."
Thousands of unsatisfied—nay, traumatized—customers every week!