So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by WestwayKid »

gkbill wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 3:00pm
WestwayKid wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 1:20pm
Manic Street Preachers and Suede are playing a co-headliner show in Chicago in November. I'm very tempted as MSP are one of my faves. Only thing holding me back is the thought of a Wednesday night show in Chicago. It's a 90 minute drive on a good night - 2 hours on a bad (and it's often bad in Chicago). If I was 20 years younger - I wouldn't even give it a second thought, but 45 year old WWK is a little more hesitant. What to do, what to do...
Hello,

Go.
I'm quickly coming around to it ;).

Need to pitch it to my better half, but thinking she'll recognize my excitement and get on board with the idea.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I bought the tickets. I'll figure out the logistics later on. The Manics always put on a great show.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

WestwayKid wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 12:21am
Weakest moment was actually the spoken word portions of In Every Dream Home.

Also, our seats were in the nosebleeds, but upon arrival they upgraded everyone in our section. I think to fill up the lower bowl. We ended up in $200 seats behind the soundboard!?
Dream Home was my highlight! and Editions of You, of course.

I had a similar experience with the ticket, I'm glad I bought the cheapest ticket in the board ($7, $14 w/ fees) because everyone with a 200-section tik got moved to the 100 section. I had considered spending a bit more for a slightly better seat, but I would have been in the same spot, so lucked out on that one. SO they jammed all the 200s in the furthest 100s, so I collected my seat, then the next time I got up I saw that 3 seconds over was more than half empty so I moved even better with elbow room. The floor was at capacity though.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Went to see Ian Prowse last night in a town centre pub. Outstanding. Only downside was he chose to finish with Town Called Malice instead of London Calling.. However they played the full LC album after the show while meeting and greeting

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

white man wrote:
24 Sep 2022, 3:38am
Went to see Ian Prowse last night in a town centre pub. Outstanding. Only downside was he chose to finish with Town Called Malice instead of London Calling.. However they played the full LC album after the show while meeting and greeting
Fantastic stuff. I only discovered Ian a few months back through a few mutual followers on twitter and have been catching up since, hope to catch him live at first opportunity.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Low Down Low wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 1:13pm
white man wrote:
Fantastic stuff. I only discovered Ian a few months back through a few mutual followers on twitter and have been catching up since, hope to catch him live at first opportunity.
Touring in April. Have you seen his Cavern Club videos on Youtube.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

white man wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 6:07pm
Low Down Low wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 1:13pm
white man wrote:
Touring in April. Have you seen his Cavern Club videos on Youtube.
I've seen one where he's asked his favourite supergroup and he replies with Mick, Paul, Topper and himself replacing Joe as lead singer! Had a good laugh at that. I'm a big fan of Liverpool as a city so love the passion he carries for it in many of his songs, but still got a lot more to listen to. He's coming my way in November so have to try and make that.

Mark^Bastard
Sightsee MC

Post by Mark^Bastard »

Saw Circle Jerks the other night. Left before Pennywise came on.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mark^Bastard wrote:
27 Sep 2022, 12:59am
Solid choice. Also why are CJ opening for pennywise? Seriously.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

I had tickets to this show. Haven't seen her since her first tour in 2008 (or 09?) so I was amped for this. I'm pretty bummed and curious what the full story is: https://pitchfork.com/news/santigold-ca ... ican-tour/
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Mark^Bastard
Sightsee MC

Post by Mark^Bastard »

revbob wrote:
27 Sep 2022, 7:08am
Mark^Bastard wrote:
It was rather annoying. Pennywise fans with their back to the stage talking to each other during the CJ set too

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mark^Bastard wrote:
27 Sep 2022, 5:56pm
revbob wrote:
27 Sep 2022, 7:08am
Mark^Bastard wrote:
It was rather annoying. Pennywise fans with their back to the stage talking to each other during the CJ set too
How many of them were wearing baseball caps? The fans, Im pretty sure its mandatory for the band itself.

Mark^Bastard
Sightsee MC

Post by Mark^Bastard »

Yeah a lot of them, and that same pennywise shirt from the 90's

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mark^Bastard wrote:
27 Sep 2022, 6:48pm
Yeah a lot of them, and that same pennywise shirt from the 90's
They're frat punk.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I've seen Pennywise twice. They put on a decent enough show for what they are (which is to say, pretty mediocre punk played pretty well). Neither time were they the headliner though, excepting for a general tendency to stick out any music I've paid for no matter how bad, I don't think I'd stick around for them if there weren't other acts on the bill coming up later.

Addendum: both times there was a weird mix of punk rock. Circle Jerks/Pennywise this summer (as part of Punk in Drublic) and years ago they were on a bill with Stiff Little Fingers. On that one it was SLF that stuck out like a sore thumb - the headliner was The Offspring (playing Smash, that show slayed).
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!