Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 1:00pm
Wolter wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 12:55pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 12:53pm
Heston wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 10:50am
Unlike his cover of You Can't Hurry Love, it can't beat the original.
No...this time the restraining order hasn't reached its statute of limitations.
I refuse to entertain the notion that Heston actually believes the things he claims.
You sound like my dad, who almost to the end believed Nixon was innocent because a person rising to the presidency couldn't be that corrupt. Would you buy a used record from Heston?
You mistake me. I’m saying Heston is an evil, evil man.
Oh, well, that's different. He's proven over and over that he's worthy of being the subject of a Hammer film.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Re: A Step Too Far

Post by 101Walterton »

JennyB wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 9:51am
101Walterton wrote:
21 Jun 2018, 10:12pm
I have never really joined in the hate on Phil Collins and always thought there were worse fish to fry however I then came across this!!!
The only saving grace is that he murdered one of my favourite songs 20 years ago and thankfully it has taken 20 years for me to accidentally stumble across it for the first time.

**WARNING** ONCE HEARD NEVER UNHEARD

The whitest man on earth singing about colors. There's your irony, Alanis.

(Is this a cover of the Cindy Lauper song? Because I already have an earache today, so there's no way in hell I'm going to listen to this).
Sadly it is yes, a song only Cindy should sing. I love her vocals on this song it is perfect.
Every colour that makes Cindy’s version great Collins strips away and adds beige

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 3:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 2:35pm
WestwayKid wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 2:07pm
I'd take Phil covering True Colors over Michael Bolton butchering What a Man Loves a Woman every day of the week.
Ah, you're a kicked in the head over a kicked in the balls man, eh?
As my dad is fond of saying...it's a horse apiece...though Bolton has a long list of horrid cover versions to own up to. Phil only has a few.
Yeah but there's the entire Phil Collins catalog, surely more war crime worthy than Bolton's stuff

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 6:24pm
WestwayKid wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 3:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 2:35pm
WestwayKid wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 2:07pm
I'd take Phil covering True Colors over Michael Bolton butchering What a Man Loves a Woman every day of the week.
Ah, you're a kicked in the head over a kicked in the balls man, eh?
As my dad is fond of saying...it's a horse apiece...though Bolton has a long list of horrid cover versions to own up to. Phil only has a few.
Yeah but there's the entire Phil Collins catalog, surely more war crime worthy than Bolton's stuff
Nah, Bolton is an absolute anti-christ. I could probably compile a list of 10 decent Genesis/solo Phil songs. How can anyone deny Turn It On Again is a great song?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I don't get tied up in knots figuring out whether Hitler was a greater monster than Stalin.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Bolton gets very little airplay in the US so you can easily ignore him over here. Sadly the same is not true for Phil Collins and I'd argue that from my perspective Collins has never made a recording that I didn't think was awful, Genesis sucked too.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I do like a cover version of one of Collins songs, can’t remember his name but he was a Gorilla.

Heston

Post by Heston »

No one is helping me out here but I know there will be people who tap their feet and hum along when Follow You Follow Me or Turn It On Again come on the stereo. You just won't fucking admit it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 6:49pm
Bolton gets very little airplay in the US so you can easily ignore him over here. Sadly the same is not true for Phil Collins and I'd argue that from my perspective Collins has never made a recording that I didn't think was awful, Genesis sucked too.
You hate everything that ever charted.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 7:53pm
revbob wrote:
Not true, to be honest though I don't really have the best idea of what has charted or not.

Which is worse though not liking poppy LCD swill or deciding you don't like any music before some arbitrary date?

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 8:01pm
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Not true, to be honest though I don't really have the best idea of what has charted or not.

Which is worse though not liking poppy LCD swill or deciding you don't like any music before some arbitrary date?
Haha, music was ok before 1964, but shit got real after that.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
No one is helping me out here but I know there will be people who tap their feet and hum along when Follow You Follow Me or Turn It On Again come on the stereo. You just won't fucking admit it.
You aren't as adept at peering into my soul as you think, Ankh.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 8:24pm
Heston wrote:
There will be others. Wolter is suspiciously quiet. I bet he likes a few Genesis songs.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 8:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
There will be others. Wolter is suspiciously quiet. I bet he likes a few Genesis songs.

I only Genesis that ever did anything for me. :shifty:

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 8:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Nope.

Suspiciously quiet? I have long been on record as opposed to Phil Collins in all of his vile forms.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"