Dreadzone revisited

Online music exchange.
dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Dreadzone revisited

Post by dave202 »

I have just been looking through the Dreadzone material I have, which is the albums and a lot of the singles/eps. However, I've noticed a lot of releases I have never seen hide nor hair of, the first three and the last six or seven.

I can understand missing the early ones as I was a mature student at the time and had a wife, son and football team to support alongside my record collecting, part time job and a bit of studying. The more recent ones I have no excuse for. Have I been out to lunch too often? Did they all come out some weekend and I lost out on them?

Seriously, if anyone can pm me a run-down on the 'other bits' on the singles from 'Crazy Knowledge' onwards I would appreciate the effort and input. I know the songs, but I always loved the versions, I mean the vocal version of 'Little Britain' being hidden away like that is criminal, and hate to contemplate thinking of what I have probably missed. Think of the different mixes of 'Zion Youth' for just one example, and then consider, say 'Mysterious Ways' by U2 which must have been not too many years apart. The former has thought, it takes the track in different directions, not mysterious, but enchanting ways, whereas U2's remixes seem to (to me at least, potentially millions more) allow any chancer to toss in any half-baked idea they have in their mind, without direction or purpose. I've noticed that U2 have given out free compilations of their remixes as Christmas presents to fan club members. Serves them right for joining.

Perhaps I've got this wrong, tell me if that's the case. Otherwise, as I said, if someone can update me on the twelve missing years of the b-sides, re-mixes and dubbing about, I will be eternally grateful.

esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Dreadzone revisited

Post by esmark »

Have you tried this page http://www.discogs.com/artist/Dreadzone pretty decent listing of every release I think.