Bootleg help

Online music exchange.
River
Long Time Jerk

Bootleg help

Post by River »

I want to make a bootleg recording sound like its in normal pitch, kinda like I don't want my recording to sound like Clash City Rockers. I want it to sound like the original version that isn't a half step higher. Is there anyway to do this? Cause I like to play along to some bootleg recordings and the 1980 palladium show is a half step higher. If you understand what I mean by my crazy wording, is there a program that I can download to do this, btw I have used audacity and that didn't help.

boogie
Dirty Punk

Re: Bootleg help

Post by boogie »

Hi Mate,

there's a good programme called Sound Forge which you might be able to find an old version of on the net.
You can edit sound files and apply various tools to change settings etc.
The thing you need is the pitch tool. It will correct the speed of the file and to your guitar's tuning.
Any other programme which adjusts the pitch will do the job, Cool edit pro is another one that should have this feature.

Windows Media player has a pitch/speed adjustment too, it's in the enhancements menu.

same138
Corner Soul

Re: Bootleg help

Post by same138 »

Audacity has a pitch change function, load a track, select the whole thing and go to "Effects", "Change Pitch" change the settings and apply them, then save the file back out. Load the next file and at the top of the "Effects" menu there will be a "Repeat" function to apply the same change. The preview is admittedly hopeless as it last's for about 15 seconds, my usual thing is to select a minute chunk and make the changes, check it out and then undo it and try again until I get it where I want it then undo the change on the chunk and select the whole file and use the "Repeat".