Lochem Festival TV Interview

Online music exchange.
Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Re: Lochem Festival TV Interview

Post by Rat Patrol »

Man, Topper looks like the withdrawal is really kicking in during that clip.

STEVE
Dirty Punk

Post by STEVE »

Seems to be from the New Zealand leg of the jan/feb 82 tour....NWBC = New Zealand Broadcasting Corporation....i don't think this footage was shot in Holland....

mcintyrepoet
Dirty Punk

Post by mcintyrepoet »

Correct Steve, its the master uncut rushes from the NZBC Shazam interview of the band members on the platform of Auckland railway station - see Auckland review on bmc. It was provided direct for the site from New Zealand TV with a lot of other info etc on the NZ 82 shows by a top man NZ donor who did not want to be identified publicly - we promised not to circulate - so sorry but what the heck - no Clash material should be left gathering dust!

Sadly no known Lochem interview or live footage known but then again it was hardly the band's finest hour!

Peter

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

STEVE wrote:Seems to be from the New Zealand leg of the jan/feb 82 tour....NWBC = New Zealand Broadcasting Corporation....i don't think this footage was shot in Holland....
I think you are right. That's what someone had suggested when the footage came out in TFIU. Joe's hair seemed to be very much of that Asian/Aussie tour. The "NZBC" bits that flash periodically seem to confirm this was NZ. Thanks, Steve.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

mcintyrepoet wrote:Correct Steve, its the master uncut rushes from the NZBC Shazam interview of the band members on the platform of Auckland railway station - see Auckland review on bmc. It was provided direct for the site from New Zealand TV with a lot of other info etc on the NZ 82 shows by a top man NZ donor who did not want to be identified publicly - we promised not to circulate - so sorry but what the heck - no Clash material should be left gathering dust!

Sadly no known Lochem interview or live footage known but then again it was hardly the band's finest hour!

Peter
Lochem wasn't filmed at all. Was kind of a backwater festival. Hopefully we do get an extended boot those catching the encores, since it's the only known gig they ever played Straight To Hell with Topper. Or a decent audience recording, because I'm sure the performance had more actual pep to it than the typically deadened unmixed soundboard indicates.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

mcintyrepoet wrote:Correct Steve, its the master uncut rushes from the NZBC Shazam interview of the band members on the platform of Auckland railway station - see Auckland review on bmc. It was provided direct for the site from New Zealand TV with a lot of other info etc on the NZ 82 shows by a top man NZ donor who did not want to be identified publicly - we promised not to circulate - so sorry but what the heck - no Clash material should be left gathering dust!

Peter
Thanks for the info Peter. Should I take it off my youtube page?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Can't confirm or deny if that is Auckland Railway Station which unfortunately no longer exists. From what you do see of the station in the clip (and I can remember), it doesn't look unlike it. I would say however that the weather looks like Auckland in January not Holland in May.

mcintyrepoet
Dirty Punk

Post by mcintyrepoet »

No Matedog leave it on You Tube, it's short but sweet and I doubt it will cause problems for the donor, cats out anyway!

Not sure how it got labelled Lochem - will check with Graham

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

matedog wrote:

Peter
Thanks for the info Peter. Should I take it off my youtube page?
It's up on The Clash Blog...

http://www.theclashblog.com/

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Do you think he'll get pissed that you circulated them now and, if he had anymore rare stuff, not share anything else?

And this is kind of farfetched, but does anyone have any idea what book that is they're looking at, or what song the first song is. I know the second tune is a traditional ("Who's Going to/Gonna Shoe Your Pretty Little Feet/Foot")

Just found a great version done by the Everlys:
[youtube][/youtube]