The Boots Galore remarks thread.

Online music exchange.
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35318
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Boots Galore remarks thread.

Post by Marky Dread » 07 Feb 2014, 2:08am

Chuck Mangione wrote:Oi cunts, what the fock is the really shouty live version of Somebody Got Murdered I'm thinking of?
Somebody Got Murdered - Cockney Rejects
Image
Image

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 19885
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: The Boots Galore remarks thread.

Post by matedog » 07 Feb 2014, 11:23am

Chuck wrote:Oi cunts, what the fock is the really shouty live version of Somebody Got Murdered I'm thinking of?
Any more details? Is it Topper or Terry?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Chuck Mangione
User avatar
Spitting Image
Posts: 6533
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 10:45pm
Location: Up your boulevard.
Contact:

Re: The Boots Galore remarks thread.

Post by Chuck Mangione » 07 Feb 2014, 6:18pm

matedog wrote:
Chuck wrote:Oi cunts, what the fock is the really shouty live version of Somebody Got Murdered I'm thinking of?
Any more details? Is it Topper or Terry?
Probably Topper. I remember downloading on my PS3 once, I think. Which didn't allow .rar downloads. Probably downloaded it off of beemp3. I think the gig was '81. By shouty I mean they yell "Murder!" during the ending a lot more than they usually do.

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14571
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: The Boots Galore remarks thread.

Post by Rat Patrol » 07 Feb 2014, 6:19pm

Chuck wrote:
matedog wrote:
Chuck wrote:Oi cunts, what the fock is the really shouty live version of Somebody Got Murdered I'm thinking of?
Any more details? Is it Topper or Terry?
Probably Topper. I remember downloading on my PS3 once, I think. Which didn't allow .rar downloads. Probably downloaded it off of beemp3. I think the gig was '81. By shouty I mean they yell "Murder!" during the ending a lot more than they usually do.
Rettel '80 is about the hardest and shoutiest that song ever got.
Image

Chuck Mangione
User avatar
Spitting Image
Posts: 6533
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 10:45pm
Location: Up your boulevard.
Contact:

Re: The Boots Galore remarks thread.

Post by Chuck Mangione » 07 Feb 2014, 6:30pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
Chuck wrote:
matedog wrote:
Chuck wrote:Oi cunts, what the fock is the really shouty live version of Somebody Got Murdered I'm thinking of?
Any more details? Is it Topper or Terry?
Probably Topper. I remember downloading on my PS3 once, I think. Which didn't allow .rar downloads. Probably downloaded it off of beemp3. I think the gig was '81. By shouty I mean they yell "Murder!" during the ending a lot more than they usually do.
Rettel '80 is about the hardest and shoutiest that song ever got.
This one sounds great, but not the one I'm talking about.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 19885
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: The Boots Galore remarks thread.

Post by matedog » 07 Feb 2014, 6:33pm

Chuck wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Chuck wrote:
matedog wrote:
Chuck wrote:Oi cunts, what the fock is the really shouty live version of Somebody Got Murdered I'm thinking of?
Any more details? Is it Topper or Terry?
Probably Topper. I remember downloading on my PS3 once, I think. Which didn't allow .rar downloads. Probably downloaded it off of beemp3. I think the gig was '81. By shouty I mean they yell "Murder!" during the ending a lot more than they usually do.
Rettel '80 is about the hardest and shoutiest that song ever got.
This one sounds great, but not the one I'm talking about.
1980-06-01 Bologna has Joe and Mick shouting Murder! at the end. It's pretty great.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Chuck Mangione
User avatar
Spitting Image
Posts: 6533
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 10:45pm
Location: Up your boulevard.
Contact:

Re: The Boots Galore remarks thread.

Post by Chuck Mangione » 07 Feb 2014, 6:37pm

matedog wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Chuck wrote:
matedog wrote: Any more details? Is it Topper or Terry?
Probably Topper. I remember downloading on my PS3 once, I think. Which didn't allow .rar downloads. Probably downloaded it off of beemp3. I think the gig was '81. By shouty I mean they yell "Murder!" during the ending a lot more than they usually do.
Rettel '80 is about the hardest and shoutiest that song ever got.
This one sounds great, but not the one I'm talking about.
1980-06-01 Bologna has Joe and Mick shouting Murder! at the end. It's pretty great.
Duh this was it. Thanks.

Chuck Mangione
User avatar
Spitting Image
Posts: 6533
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 10:45pm
Location: Up your boulevard.
Contact:

Re: The Boots Galore remarks thread.

Post by Chuck Mangione » 10 Nov 2015, 8:12pm

Live at Electric Circus (Manchester, England) (08-05-1977)

Really good "Cheat".

Chuck Mangione
User avatar
Spitting Image
Posts: 6533
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 10:45pm
Location: Up your boulevard.
Contact:

Re: The Boots Galore remarks thread.

Post by Chuck Mangione » 01 Dec 2015, 3:42am

O'Keefe Centre, Toronto, 09/26/1979

This. Fuckin. Gig. You guys. This. Fuckin. Gig.

River
Junco Partner
Posts: 418
Joined: 19 May 2011, 4:23pm

Re: The Boots Galore remarks thread.

Post by River » 05 Sep 2016, 4:33pm

Listening through the Far East tour for like the 100th time. Fuck, that tour is great. The sets are great, the crowd is always loud and energetic, and they sound like they're actually having a ton of fun on that tour. Melbourne and Hong Kong really stand out to me as being some of their best shows ever. The setlists in those shows are pretty much what I would want in my ideal Clash set.

River
Junco Partner
Posts: 418
Joined: 19 May 2011, 4:23pm

Re: The Boots Galore remarks thread.

Post by River » 06 Sep 2016, 6:44pm

Wanted to add something more to what I said. I'm listening through the first Festival Hall Osaka gig. Wow, I don't think I've ever heard Mick and Joe with that much energy. Joe lets loose one of the best screams I've ever heard from him during Junco Partner. Janie Jones has Mick shouting out the lyrics, sounding extremely committed. Side note, I love when Joe commands the band during a song. Take something like Radio Clash. In some shows, he'll say something like "lets talk about Europe" telling the band to go to the "This is not free Europe" part. Or telling the band to "take a walk" during Junco Partner, having them improv the hell out of the song. Joe's little commands are very cool to listen to.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35318
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Boots Galore remarks thread.

Post by Marky Dread » 06 Sep 2016, 7:34pm

River wrote:Wanted to add something more to what I said. I'm listening through the first Festival Hall Osaka gig. Wow, I don't think I've ever heard Mick and Joe with that much energy. Joe lets loose one of the best screams I've ever heard from him during Junco Partner. Janie Jones has Mick shouting out the lyrics, sounding extremely committed. Side note, I love when Joe commands the band during a song. Take something like Radio Clash. In some shows, he'll say something like "lets talk about Europe" telling the band to go to the "This is not free Europe" part. Or telling the band to "take a walk" during Junco Partner, having them improv the hell out of the song. Joe's little commands are very cool to listen to.
Yeah agreed that's great.
Image
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests