Boots Galore - The Request Line

Online music exchange.
Tappy
Sightsee MC

Re: Boots Galore - The Request Line

Post by Tappy »

JohnS wrote:Hmmm.... just playing this back, and it's not like the gig I remembered: I'm pretty sure Joe came on stage wearing a red bandana.
And the setlist isn't the same as the audio boot I have of the show.
And on further investigation, c/o blackmarketclash, it turns out this is the Brixton Academy show from November 2001. Joe namechecks it in his into to Cool n Out.
Now this is great cos I was at this gig also - and didn't have this on video at all! It's also better quality than the VCD I had of the Shepherds Bush gig. Result, all round.
But does a DVD version of the Shepherds Bush 2002 show also exist?
Well i'll be damned, it is Brixton!!! Even says so on the menu as well... Sorry about that. Now I gotta find my version of the Empire show. :disshame:

geraldmanns
Dirty Punk

Post by geraldmanns »

Can someone re-up the "Kiel Opera House, Saint Louis, MO" gig from 21st May 1985, please? The only one missing in my collection...
I got my motorcycle jacket but I‘m walking all the time

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Thanks Tappy. I've downloaded this, now how do I play it? I haven't a clue!
Tappy wrote:Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros
Brixton Academy, London, England
November 24th 2001

Set List

Minstrel Boy
Junco Partner
Cool 'n' Out
Global-a-Go-Go
Rudy Can't Fail
Bhindi Bhagi
Armagideon Time
Shaktar Donetsk
Police & Thieves
Mega Bottle Ride
Tony Adams
Mondo Bongo
Johnny Appleseed
Bummed Out City
Police on my Back
The Harder they Come
Pressure Drop
I Fought the Law
Bankrobber
Yalla Yalla
A Message to you Rudy
London's Burning
Blitzkrieg Bop

https://mega.co.nz/#!ltsCzbgS!RWXhsfHaY ... 5fTc__xJ-M
https://mega.co.nz/#!QlN3FSRL!8c1RubqUs ... _SjMbMEACQ
https://mega.co.nz/#!N1kXERBQ!BVrqdPAI5 ... MaGzCY4UWI
https://mega.co.nz/#!shVTwD6B!HGkNVPAyt ... vxBHhQH4cs

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

dave202 wrote:Thanks Tappy. I've downloaded this, now how do I play it? I haven't a clue!
Click on the first of the 4 files and if your computer's set up with a default programme, it'll automatically open it up and expand the full set of files. My Mac is set up with StuffitExpander, but sometimes I've found it better to use UnRarX.
You should get a folder containing another folder called VIDEO_TS, which has the video files in it. You can either burn that to DVDR (I use Toast) or play it back on your computer using a media-player software. VLC is good for this sort of thing, it'll read pretty much anything (audio formats like FLAC, AIFF, MP3, WAV, aswell as video files)
Well, it worked for me.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

JohnS wrote:
dave202 wrote:Thanks Tappy. I've downloaded this, now how do I play it? I haven't a clue!
Click on the first of the 4 files and if your computer's set up with a default programme, it'll automatically open it up and expand the full set of files. My Mac is set up with StuffitExpander, but sometimes I've found it better to use UnRarX.
You should get a folder containing another folder called VIDEO_TS, which has the video files in it. You can either burn that to DVDR (I use Toast) or play it back on your computer using a media-player software. VLC is good for this sort of thing, it'll read pretty much anything (audio formats like FLAC, AIFF, MP3, WAV, aswell as video files)
Well, it worked for me.
I'd opened it and got the folders you mentioned, but that's where things stopped. I'm downloading VLC, so thanks for the info.

geraldmanns
Dirty Punk

Post by geraldmanns »

2nd try: Can someone re-up the "Kiel Opera House, Saint Louis, MO" gig from 21st May 1985, please? The only one missing in my collection...
I got my motorcycle jacket but I‘m walking all the time

jerseygirl474
Corner Soul

Post by jerseygirl474 »

Does anyone happen to have a boot of the July 30, 1983 show in Brixton? A friend of mine was at that show and would really love a copy if one exists. I've been able to find the July 30, 1982 show, but not an '83 show.

Thanks!!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

jerseygirl474 wrote:Does anyone happen to have a boot of the July 30, 1983 show in Brixton? A friend of mine was at that show and would really love a copy if one exists. I've been able to find the July 30, 1982 show, but not an '83 show.

Thanks!!
No 83 shows. They only did a southwest US tour and US festival in May.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

jerseygirl474
Corner Soul

Post by jerseygirl474 »

matedog wrote:
jerseygirl474 wrote:Does anyone happen to have a boot of the July 30, 1983 show in Brixton? A friend of mine was at that show and would really love a copy if one exists. I've been able to find the July 30, 1982 show, but not an '83 show.

Thanks!!
No 83 shows. They only did a southwest US tour and US festival in May.

Thanks. That's what I thought, but he INSISTED it was '83. Alcohol and drugs are a helluva combo. LOL ;)

jerseygirl474
Corner Soul

Post by jerseygirl474 »

Could someone please hook me up with the July 30, 1982 Brixton show? I tried the download links on the Megalist thread (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3417) and neither work. :( I'm getting a "This webpage is not available" message.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

jerseygirl474 wrote:Could someone please hook me up with the July 30, 1982 Brixton show? I tried the download links on the Megalist thread (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3417) and neither work. :( I'm getting a "This webpage is not available" message.
Try this...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/77e7c ... 982%29.rar
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

jerseygirl474
Corner Soul

Post by jerseygirl474 »

Heston wrote:
jerseygirl474 wrote:Could someone please hook me up with the July 30, 1982 Brixton show? I tried the download links on the Megalist thread (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3417) and neither work. :( I'm getting a "This webpage is not available" message.
Try this...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/77e7c ... 982%29.rar
Awesome, thank you!! :cool:

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Nvr Mind.

bmc
Dirty Punk

Post by bmc »

Besides the website we are now on Twitter. @blackmktclash Please follow us and tag us & The official Clash twitter in to bootleg posts with a dot before.

Cut and paste this.

.@theclash .@blackmktclash

Thanks.

Website
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/779 ... index.html

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Can someone direct me how to get a copy of the February 1979 Cleveland show?

Thank you.