Boots Galore - The Request Line

Online music exchange.
jumeteor
Corner Soul

Re: Boots Galore - The Request Line

Post by jumeteor »

bmc wrote:
jumeteor wrote: I had two questions.
First, is there any recording of the Paris 04/27/77 show? BMC seems to say that there is one but I've never seen it anywhere.
There is a recording from 'Nuites De Punk' and its not bad. I'll try and out it up somewhere.
Sorry for the late answer but thank you very much. :)

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

LRW 1988-07-15 – Royal Court Liverpool, please.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

For populating the Megalist these are shows and upgrades we still need, if anyone has these. . .

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————

RECORDINGS WANTED
We don't have these recordings for the Megalist.

(TBD)

LOSSLESSES & UPGRADES WANTED
These shows are on the Megalist, but need lossless files (either full-show or for select tracks only).

The Roundhouse, London, 09/05/1976 Beaconsfield Studios, 04/1977 ("alt" mixes) Paradiso Club, Amsterdam, 09/26/1977
  • BMC Info: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/779 ... erdam.html
  • A FLAC "upgrade" surfaced several years ago and made it onto the old Megalist, but it sounds inferior to the 320K MP3's currently on the list. BMC says the upgrade is much better than previously-circulating copies, so we may have gotten the wrong version. If you have that FLAC upgrade from an independent non-Mlist source compare the sound on yours with these MP3's. We need 1) the 11-track FLAC (real) upgrade, and 2) lossless Janie Jones and White Riot from the same source as these MP3's, because the upgrade omits the set closers.
Clouds, Edinburgh, 10/26/1977 Wirrina Stadium, Peterbrough, 11/30/1978
  • BMC Info: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/779 ... rough.html
  • Set closers London's Burning and White Riot are MP3-only, while rest of show is FLAC. Per BMC the full-show is the "upgrade" and the shorter 16-track source is supposed to be inferior, but to my ears sounds like the first 16 tracks are an upgrade and the last 2 tracks are an old source (hard to tell...it's D/D+ sound all-around). If you have a source collected independently from the old Mlist compare with the d/l currently posted and see if yours is better...either the first 16 tracks or the last 2.
Civic Auditorium, Santa Monica, 02/09/1979 The Agora, Cleveland, 02/13/1979 "Alright Now", BBC-TV, 03/08/1979
  • BMC Info: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/779 ... 20Now.html
  • Need the lossless upgrade version of "The Israelites". The FLAC's posted have latest-gen video source of the other tracks, but Israelites is non-lossless and from a very poor previous gen. Per BMC there is a complete circulating upgrade with that track.
Orpheum Theater, Boston, 09/19/1979
  • BMC Info: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/779 ... 0WBCN.html
  • Show is entirely FLAC with exception of the last 5 tracks (Armagideon, Career Opps, White Riot, Jimmy Jazz, What's My Name) which came from a more complete previous-gen tape. Latest gen is supposedly complete. Need that.
Top Rank, Birmingham, 02/05/1980 Lewisham Odeon, London, 02/18/1980 (audience) Capitol Theater, Passaic, NJ, 03/08/1980
  • BMC Info: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/779 ... %20NJ.html
  • Clampdown cuts about a quarter of the song on the video rip. Have an inferior old-gen SBD source of Clampdown that's complete, but MP3-only. Need either: 1) complete lossless Clampdown from a master source, or 2) complete lossless Clampdown from the inferior SBD source.
Motor City Roller Rink, Detroit, 03/10/1980 Piazza Maggiore, Bologna, 06/01/1980 Rettel Festival, France, 06/14/1980 From Here To Eternity II: An Outtake Compilation
  • Only have MP3's. Lossless is supposed to be very hard to come by--or may not exist at all--since this was a Sony employee leak.
Sandinista! Outtakes
  • Dirty Harry remix of Mag 7 an MP3-only from the old "Golden Bullets" boot; Mensforth Dub an MP3-only from the old "This Is Dub Clash" boot. Need lossless rips from those boots or any available upgrade sources.
Combat Rock Outtakes
  • Rock The Casbah/Toasting The Casbah w/Ranking Roger, Walk Evil Talk (extended), Overpowered By Funk (NYC mix) are MP3-only. Casbah and WET (extended) were leaked in IMCT posts on the old board; Funk remix was on some old boot of unknown lineage.
Cut The Crap Outtakes
  • Fingerpoppin' AOR Mix, This Is England (alternate). MP3-only. Somebody ripped Fingerpoppin' from a copy of the promo 7", so lossless must exist. TIE alt. came from an IMCT post on the old board.
Out of Control Demos (remixed)
  • I know these were first leaked as MP3-only, but I thought we had the FLAC's by now. Marky...was this one of your mastering jobs?

First-half '81 uploads will be populated by end of the month. These are the odds-and-ends we need losslesses for. . .

Hippodrome de Pantin, Paris, 05/08/1981 (soundboard source)
Last edited by Rat Patrol on 08 Mar 2015, 10:35pm, edited 2 times in total.

jumeteor
Corner Soul

Post by jumeteor »

Forget it, wrong post.

jumeteor
Corner Soul

Post by jumeteor »

About London 07/25/1978...

BMC says there is a complete recording (version 3) and what was shared on the forum is version 1 or 2 (which difference between both?). Is the complete version circulating or not really?

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

jumeteor wrote:About London 07/25/1978...

BMC says there is a complete recording (version 3) and what was shared on the forum is version 1 or 2 (which difference between both?). Is the complete version circulating or not really?
All 4 Music Machine shows got new tapes in 2011 (including the first recording ever of the 7/26 show), and we don't have any of them. The uploaded Megalist recordings for 7/24, 7/25, and 7/27 were all ripped 8/4/2009 and seeded that year on Dimeadozen. So that's Version 2 of the 24th, 25th, and 27th...and nada for the 26th.

We need new versions of every single show on that entire mini-residency.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

I have a request for Joe Strummer Tokyo Liquid Room, I love that show and seemed to have either lost or misplaced my CD copy of it. I lost it on my hard drive a while ago. If anybody could be so kind as to re-up a Flac (if possible) or high rate mp3 copy I would be most appreciative. I've been in a big Joe phase lately and that along with the St. Anns shows, which I was at, are my favourites. Thank you kindly

jumeteor
Corner Soul

Post by jumeteor »

Rat Patrol wrote:

All 4 Music Machine shows got new tapes in 2011 (including the first recording ever of the 7/26 show), and we don't have any of them. The uploaded Megalist recordings for 7/24, 7/25, and 7/27 were all ripped 8/4/2009 and seeded that year on Dimeadozen. So that's Version 2 of the 24th, 25th, and 27th...and nada for the 26th.

Thanks for the answer. :)

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Rat Patrol wrote:

I don't remember which Music Machine gig it was but someone once posted an updated version on here one time (2012?) with better quality but with only a few of the songs, maybe 4 or 5 (Drug Stabbing Time, can't remember what else) and perhaps one song cut off. It might not have even been one of the Music Machine shows but definitely '78 and I remember really digging it. The artwork was cool too.. purple and yellow or pink and yellow. It was on my old laptop, which I had it still.

Tappy
Sightsee MC

Post by Tappy »

coffeepotman wrote:I have a request for Joe Strummer Tokyo Liquid Room, I love that show and seemed to have either lost or misplaced my CD copy of it. I lost it on my hard drive a while ago. If anybody could be so kind as to re-up a Flac (if possible) or high rate mp3 copy I would be most appreciative. I've been in a big Joe phase lately and that along with the St. Anns shows, which I was at, are my favourites. Thank you kindly
Here you go: https://mega.co.nz/#!u8MFwLzR!VrXaB7-F9 ... Qp-AnB20EI

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Tappy, you're the best! Thank you very much!

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Anyone got any of the two gigs I requested above, on this page.

Tappy
Sightsee MC

Post by Tappy »

Chuck Mangione wrote:Anyone got any of the two gigs I requested above, on this page.
All I can see is this request...
Chuck Mangione wrote:LRW 1988-07-15 – Royal Court Liverpool, please.
Which I don't have...

Tappy
Sightsee MC

Post by Tappy »

coffeepotman wrote:Tappy, you're the best! Thank you very much!
:mrgreen:

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Tappy wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:Anyone got any of the two gigs I requested above, on this page.
All I can see is this request...
Chuck Mangione wrote:LRW 1988-07-15 – Royal Court Liverpool, please.
Which I don't have...
The other request is one of the Music Machine shows that got updated but had a short track listing with a song cut off.