** Sussex Uni 1977 DVD **

Online music exchange.
white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: ** Sussex Uni 1977 DVD **

Post by white man »

42isLife wrote:Greetings all - nice to see Laxman, Whiteman, Rat Patrol etc, etc are all still in residence.

Been away a long time and only just caught up with IMCT again after many a year break.

Any kind soul willing to do me a DVD of this thread or link me to the source files online? I'll happily seed copies - my DVD burner is in rude health.
Welcome back :kiss:

42isLife
Corner Soul

Post by 42isLife »

Cheers!
Repo man is always intense

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

42isLife wrote:Greetings all - nice to see Laxman, Whiteman, Rat Patrol etc, etc are all still in residence.

Been away a long time and only just caught up with IMCT again after many a year break.

Any kind soul willing to do me a DVD of this thread or link me to the source files online? I'll happily seed copies - my DVD burner is in rude health.
Welcome back!

12XU
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by 12XU »

Hi any chance someone could sort me out a copy of this please.
The Clash England`s Finest.

reaper0345
Corner Soul

Post by reaper0345 »

12XU wrote:Hi any chance someone could sort me out a copy of this please.
Where in the world are you living? If it's UK based i can (bit short of funds to send over seas :( )

12XU
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by 12XU »

Cheers Reaper got the disc today.Thanks alot.
The Clash England`s Finest.

Pinky Brown
Corner Soul

Post by Pinky Brown »

Anyone out there that can pass me a DVD? (U.K.). Appreciated....

patrik
Dirty Punk

Post by patrik »

42isLife wrote:Cheers!
Hi there...

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Some guy claiming to represent the owner of the film as well as the "distributor" has asked me to take down the Sussex/Brighton videos from youtube. I told him I can do it, but I'm curious as to how things are coming along with some kind of release. I told him if a release seemed unlikely or indefinite, I would repost them as it's better for fans to have something instead of nothing.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

matedog wrote:Some guy claiming to represent the owner of the film as well as the "distributor" has asked me to take down the Sussex/Brighton videos from youtube. I told him I can do it, but I'm curious as to how things are coming along with some kind of release. I told him if a release seemed unlikely or indefinite, I would repost them as it's better for fans to have something instead of nothing.
And when you repost them, tell him "thanks for hoarding the footage for 30 odd years".
Then tell him to Fuck Off.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

matedog wrote:Some guy claiming to represent the owner of the film as well as the "distributor" has asked me to take down the Sussex/Brighton videos from youtube. I told him I can do it, but I'm curious as to how things are coming along with some kind of release. I told him if a release seemed unlikely or indefinite, I would repost them as it's better for fans to have something instead of nothing.
Don't delete them, just make them private.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Don't delete them, just make them private.
That's the plan.

I got a full email recently:
Hi and thank you for your response - I have been in contact with another fan who had extracts on YouTube and I believe that he will be removing his videos soon.

I understand that this material has been a long time in the coming, I have been working on the project for a few years and it has been an arduous task locating all the Artists involved, or their estates, to ensure that they all receive payment for their work. The tragic loss of Ari Up, who was very excited about the concert being released, has set things back a bit but I am hopefull that negotiations are close to completion. The original tapes have been re-mastered and I am confident that it will be a very exciting and historic release.

I am unable to give you a release date at this time, I would expect something like the 35th Anniversary of the gig next year would lend itself to the kind of publicity a release of this importance deserves.

I hope you will decide to take the gig extract off, please contact me should you require any further reassurances.

Best regards,
EDIT - Just reread "I would expect something like the 35th Anniversary of the gig next year would lend itself to the kind of publicity a release of this importance deserves.

It's a fucking b&w, stridently edited video with barely par sound. It's not that important.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

They're so full of shit. That stuff is never gonna get released. Just put it on Vimeo or something, I doubt he/they are smart enough to check across different video sites.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

AbbaFan
Corner Soul

Post by AbbaFan »

Sorry this has taken so long to get to, it was a busy 2010. Any chance theres a kind soul in the US or canada who wouldnt mind mailing me a copy.
Starting a 2 week tour with the Dropkicks tomorrow so wont be getting to computer too much so if i dont reply right away...I'll get there.
Thanx

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

AbbaFan wrote:Sorry this has taken so long to get to, it was a busy 2010. Any chance theres a kind soul in the US or canada who wouldnt mind mailing me a copy.
Starting a 2 week tour with the Dropkicks tomorrow so wont be getting to computer too much so if i dont reply right away...I'll get there.
Thanx

Hello,

Sorry to jump on a bandwagon but I'd really be interested in getting a copy as well. Thanks!