Online music exchange.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Cut the crap

Post by Wolter »

matedog wrote:
matedog wrote:
Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:I figured quoting "10 Things I Hate About You" would be too subtle. Plus I only saw that movie once. In a bar. While I was bombed out of my skull. And I still hated it.
I remember that movie, sort of. I don't really understand how people can defend it as something that's actually good and worthwhile though. It is... not those things.
It does have Alex Mack in it though. And the dad was kind of funny.
Oh and for the record I've only seen part of it and it was in my sociology class at college. That's yet another reason why have nothing but absolute disdain for liberal arts majors.
You hated that those muddle-minded stoners got more trim than the Enginerds did, huh?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:
matedog wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Wolter wrote:
MadModWorld wrote:Why not?
matedog wrote:Part of why we can keep posting boots and stuff is that we don't post stuff available for sale.
That's why not. You weren't here when they shut down the "original" IMCT.
EDIT: I should really learn to not hit "quote" when I mean "edit."
What happened originally? What was being traded? Was it flagrant?
Not really. Inder could probably clarify it better than me, but I think it had something to do with "I Fought the Law."
the offending track was, I believe, the Bobby Fuller version of IFtL available in the "originals" section of IMCT.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:
matedog wrote:
matedog wrote:
Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:I figured quoting "10 Things I Hate About You" would be too subtle. Plus I only saw that movie once. In a bar. While I was bombed out of my skull. And I still hated it.
I remember that movie, sort of. I don't really understand how people can defend it as something that's actually good and worthwhile though. It is... not those things.
It does have Alex Mack in it though. And the dad was kind of funny.
Oh and for the record I've only seen part of it and it was in my sociology class at college. That's yet another reason why have nothing but absolute disdain for liberal arts majors.
You hated that those muddle-minded stoners got more trim than the Enginerds did, huh?
For real, that class was 90% female as opposed to my usual 10% homely asian girls.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Wolter wrote:
matedog wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Wolter wrote:
MadModWorld wrote:Why not?
matedog wrote:Part of why we can keep posting boots and stuff is that we don't post stuff available for sale.
That's why not. You weren't here when they shut down the "original" IMCT.
EDIT: I should really learn to not hit "quote" when I mean "edit."
What happened originally? What was being traded? Was it flagrant?
Not really. Inder could probably clarify it better than me, but I think it had something to do with "I Fought the Law."
I recall posting about seeing IMCT's URL mentioned in an issue of Record Collector mag, so maybe that was the tip off. Shortly after, IMCT was shut down.

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote: I recall posting about seeing IMCT's URL mentioned in an issue of Record Collector mag, so maybe that was the tip off. Shortly after, IMCT was shut down.
Probably. I can't see Bobby Fuller's legal team or publisher pursuing websites. Really, it's kinda amazing that a killer centralized boot source like IMCT (the 2003-04 version) lasted as long as it did, considering all the nonsense going on with the MPAA in full panic mode back then. Good thing no one figured out how to decentralize distribution of mp3 bootlegs...

I just remember falling for Inder's April Fools Day '05 prank, where the FBI logo and a warning took over the main page. What a wiseguy. I even believed it for a short while.
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by esmark »

All the Clash albums are available on several torrentsites/files... not difficult to get hold of a rip of any album at some 192-256 kb/s.... Try a torrentsearch.

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

esmark wrote:All the Clash albums are available on several torrentsites/files... not difficult to get hold of a rip of any album at some 192-256 kb/s.... Try a torrentsearch.
CTC is almost pointless without the Bernie-penned manifesto within. Street kids and intellectuals together MAKE A GREAT TEAM...but can we overcome the system? NO! NOT WITHOUT YOUR PARTICIPATION!

It's available used for US $7 from half dot com. With the booklet. Which is actually a lot more expensive than I expected, but, US $7. Come on.
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Still216 wrote: I just remember falling for Inder's April Fools Day '05 prank, where the FBI logo and a warning took over the main page. What a wiseguy. I even believed it for a short while.
Yeah, that was a funny Indernet prank...I didn't fall for it, though...inderesting...

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Still216 wrote:
esmark wrote:All the Clash albums are available on several torrentsites/files... not difficult to get hold of a rip of any album at some 192-256 kb/s.... Try a torrentsearch.
It's available used for US $7 from half dot com. With the booklet. Which is actually a lot more expensive than I expected, but, US $7. Come on.
I have the remastered UK version from 2000...it has an extra track...bought it used for $7.99+tax at Amoeba.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Still216 wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:I just remember falling for Inder's April Fools Day '05 prank, where the FBI logo and a warning took over the main page. What a wiseguy. I even believed it for a short while.
I'm still trying to bleach my brain from the Avril Lavigne prank of '04. :shifty:
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Spiff wrote:
Still216 wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:I just remember falling for Inder's April Fools Day '05 prank, where the FBI logo and a warning took over the main page. What a wiseguy. I even believed it for a short while.
I'm still trying to bleach my brain from the Avril Lavigne prank of '04. :shifty:
Remind us, dear Spiff.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Oh, and "10 Things I Hate About You" is a good film. :shifty:

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Heston wrote:Remind us, dear Spiff.
Sorry. I'm already too perilously close to a relapse... :shifty:

Post by Guest »

Yes i know mick isnt on it and i am going to buy it but i want it now and i would have to order over the internet and it would take ages. And what iss a torrentsearch or whatever its called?

rudiethedirtypunk
Dirty Punk

Post by rudiethedirtypunk »

that was me un-logged in but actually i have already payed for it because i have the tape. :approve: