Carbon/Silicon Galore - The Megalist

Online music exchange.
dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1346
Joined: 07 Jul 2008, 7:56am
Location: Dundee Scotland

Re: Carbon/Silicon Galore - The Megalist

Post by dave202 » 29 Sep 2012, 9:42am

madphil wrote:Can any one upload Carbon Bubble please,as I have lost it somewhere.Thanks
http://www.mediafire.com/?saio7zrr6vo633o
Here you go!

madphil
Corner Soul
Posts: 19
Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 10:47am

Re: Carbon/Silicon Galore - The Megalist

Post by madphil » 01 Oct 2012, 5:44pm

Many Thanx,I'll try not to lose it this time!!! :meh:

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12599
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Carbon/Silicon Galore - The Megalist

Post by Silent Majority » 04 Oct 2012, 11:52am

That's As Good As It Gets forever puts a smile on my face.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Chuck Mangione
User avatar
Spitting Image
Posts: 6533
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 10:45pm
Location: Up your boulevard.
Contact:

Re: Carbon/Silicon Galore - The Megalist

Post by Chuck Mangione » 04 Oct 2012, 12:55pm

Silent Majority wrote:That's As Good As It Gets forever puts a smile on my face.
You bet!

NoMoreHugh
Junco Partner
Posts: 359
Joined: 17 Dec 2012, 7:24pm
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: Carbon/Silicon Galore - The Megalist

Post by NoMoreHugh » 27 Apr 2014, 2:31pm

Found this nice live recording scattered on my harddrive of Carbon at the SXSW not seen it posted anywhere previously before

This is not the same recording as whats been posted on theis thread but it is march 2008 i dont know the correct date - its a better recording with extra tracks too.
I will post one at a time so you can download your preference

The video for this gig will be posted soon as well

Ahh ok mate
Cheers to Marky for the date on this

I have been reliably informed that this is 15/03/2008

Magic Suitcase
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/5 ... e-mp3.html
I Loved You
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/5 ... u-mp3.html
Really The Blues
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/5 ... s-mp3.html
Soylent Green
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/5 ... n-mp3.html
War On Culture
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/5 ... e-mp3.html
The News
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/5 ... s-mp3.html
WDMF
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/5 ... t-mp3.html
Last edited by NoMoreHugh on 27 Apr 2014, 5:46pm, edited 5 times in total.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35400
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Carbon/Silicon Galore - The Megalist

Post by Marky Dread » 27 Apr 2014, 2:39pm

NoMoreHugh wrote:Found this nice live recording of Carbon at the SXSW

This is not the same recording as whats been posted on theis thread but it is march 2008 i dont know the correct date - its a better recording with extra tracks too.
I will post one at a time so you can download your preference

The video for this gig will be posted soon as well

Magic Suitcase
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/5 ... e-mp3.html
I Loved You
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/5 ... u-mp3.html
Really The Blues
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/5 ... s-mp3.html
Soylent Green
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/5 ... n-mp3.html
War On Culture
The News
WDMF
14th March 2008

posted it on my old blog Kingrockerrockson.
Image
Image

NoMoreHugh
Junco Partner
Posts: 359
Joined: 17 Dec 2012, 7:24pm
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: Carbon/Silicon Galore - The Megalist

Post by NoMoreHugh » 27 Apr 2014, 2:43pm

As a point of interest how do you know the date ?
i ripped this and it was aired on the 20th of march but there was no performance date placed on it that i can remember but ill have a dig around and see what i can confirm

Ok Marky i didnt realise never seem it anywhere else before
Thanks for letting me know
Marky Dread wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:Found this nice live recording of Carbon at the SXSW

This is not the same recording as whats been posted on theis thread but it is march 2008 i dont know the correct date - its a better recording with extra tracks too.
I will post one at a time so you can download your preference

The video for this gig will be posted soon as well

Magic Suitcase
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/5 ... e-mp3.html
I Loved You
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/5 ... u-mp3.html
Really The Blues
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/5 ... s-mp3.html
Soylent Green
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/5 ... n-mp3.html
War On Culture
The News
WDMF
14th March 2008

posted it on my old blog Kingrockerrockson.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35400
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Carbon/Silicon Galore - The Megalist

Post by Marky Dread » 27 Apr 2014, 3:07pm

No you misunderstand mate I posted this on my old blog that's how I know the date. Your links are great as it has extra tracks I didn't post. So much appreciated. :approve:
Image
Image

NoMoreHugh
Junco Partner
Posts: 359
Joined: 17 Dec 2012, 7:24pm
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: Carbon/Silicon Galore - The Megalist

Post by NoMoreHugh » 27 Apr 2014, 4:01pm

Marky i just realised this is not the 14th its a totally different recording the 14th was posted at the beginning of this thread i downloaded and checked it out.. I have the video of that one too.
This one is different and i believe this to be the best recorded live performance i have heard. I have never seen it posted anywhere else either
Marky Dread wrote:No you misunderstand mate I posted this on my old blog that's how I know the date. Your links are great as it has extra tracks I didn't post. So much appreciated. :approve:

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35400
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Carbon/Silicon Galore - The Megalist

Post by Marky Dread » 27 Apr 2014, 4:03pm

NoMoreHugh wrote:Marky i just realised this is not the 14th its a totally different recording the 14th was posted at the beginning of this thread i downloaded and checked it out.. I have the video of that one too.
This one is different and i believe this to be the best recorded live performance i have heard. I have never seen it posted anywhere else either
Marky Dread wrote:No you misunderstand mate I posted this on my old blog that's how I know the date. Your links are great as it has extra tracks I didn't post. So much appreciated. :approve:
Ha great even better it's another gig. :cool:
Image
Image

TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1530
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: Carbon/Silicon Galore - The Megalist

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In » 29 Apr 2014, 1:57am

Marky was right, this is from SXSW without the spoken intro. Two extra tracks though so cool! Though it's possible that those are from World Café.

NoMoreHugh
Junco Partner
Posts: 359
Joined: 17 Dec 2012, 7:24pm
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: Carbon/Silicon Galore - The Megalist

Post by NoMoreHugh » 29 Apr 2014, 3:39pm

Hi TeddyB thanks for the info but..

The SXSW has Carbon Silicon playing 3 nights there.
Both these recordings are differnent i have both versions on film footage.

Now i know nothing about SXSW? but what i can see not only are they different nights but completely different venues

The 14th is played in an outside venue on a sunny day on a small white marque looking stage with a tall block of flats behind the stage. Looking a little make shift
The 15th which is my recording is an indoor gig and more proffesional looking with a much better back drop. It has a blue neon sign above the stage with "Lone Star" written on it .

If my information is helpful i wonder if you can help me work out the venues - both are advertised as SXSW - "Crackle" recorded the 15th and "Current" recorded the 14th

Thanks for the help they are different recording and i know this 100% as i have the advantage of seeing the recordings and matching audio.

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:Marky was right, this is from SXSW without the spoken intro. Two extra tracks though so cool! Though it's possible that those are from World Café.

TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1530
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: Carbon/Silicon Galore - The Megalist

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In » 30 Apr 2014, 12:42am

The Current is a radio network. It seems they did play outdoors for them on a small stage. I only listened to one song from what you posted above and it matched something I have on my computer but I only have it marked as SXSW.

Edit for No More Hugh: the 15th gig seems from the video to be from the Lone Star Lounge. Seems like they played at least four gigs.

NoMoreHugh
Junco Partner
Posts: 359
Joined: 17 Dec 2012, 7:24pm
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: Carbon/Silicon Galore - The Megalist

Post by NoMoreHugh » 01 May 2014, 4:03pm

Thanks TeddyB for the info - Much appreciated
Ill post up both film footages soon if there is a call for it , Just not now as i need to convert to a common format and i dont want to go over my monthly broadband usage. Plus i Just dont find the time these days :(

A little investigation and yes it is the Lone star lounge and as this link shows it was the 15th - 1/2 and hour set which started at 10.00pm so i think we have the full played set
http://sxsw2008.sched.org/2008-03-15
http://sxsw2008.sched.org/event/b8b8dbf ... 41556604b3
thanks for your help again

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:The Current is a radio network. It seems they did play outdoors for them on a small stage. I only listened to one song from what you posted above and it matched something I have on my computer but I only have it marked as SXSW.

Edit for No More Hugh: the 15th gig seems from the video to be from the Lone Star Lounge. Seems like they played at least four gigs.

NoMoreHugh
Junco Partner
Posts: 359
Joined: 17 Dec 2012, 7:24pm
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: Carbon/Silicon Galore - The Megalist

Post by NoMoreHugh » 09 Oct 2014, 5:07pm

This is the same gig that flex originally posted but includes the missing last 3 tacks

Coachella 26/04/2008

Intro
The Magic Suitcase
Not Fade Away
The WAr On Culture
Soylent Green
WTF
The Good News
Really The Blues
Why Do Men Fight

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/5 ... a-rar.html

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests