Newly unearthed bootlegs list

Online music exchange.
Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Newly unearthed bootlegs list

Post by Chuck Mangione »

When I was a teenager in the seventies I was a massive Clash fan and in that period I collected a bunch of Live recordings of their gigs. In the decades since then they were in a box in the attic at my parents’ house. I came across them after my dad died in 2010 and I brought the box down to my home in Devon with the intention of listing them and putting them on the internet. Anyway, I finally got around to writing down the bootlegs I have.

I don’t know what quality the sound will be after all these years as they are on cassette tapes and I have no way of playing them now but hopefully someone will be interested and be able to digitise them.

I’ve listed them below, please get in touch if you're interested.

Roundhouse 05/09/1976
100 Club 20/09/1976
Birmingham Barbs 03/05/1977
Manchester, Electric Circus 08/05/1977
Mont de Marsan French Punk Festival 05/08/1977
Paris 29/09/1977
Malmo, Sweden 07/10/1977 includes SLF in holland Nov 1979
Leeds 17/10/1977
Manchester Apollo 20/10/1977
Birmingham Top Rank 07/11/1977
Southampton 13/11/1977
Birmingham Barbs 24/01/1978
Leicester, Granby Halls 01/07/1978
Manchester Apollo 02/07/1978
Birmingham Top Rank 12/07/1978
Birmingham Barbs 26/10/1978
Bath 12/12/1978
Sid Vicious Benefit, Music Machine 19/12/1978
Lyceum 03/01/1979
SLF, Swindon 06/02/1979
Notre Dame Hall, Leicester 05/07/1979
Capitol Theatre, New Jersey Mar-80
Markthalle, Hamburg 12/05/1980 includes Red China demos Dec 1976
Hammersmith Palais 17/06/1980
From THE CLASH ON PAROLE

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Newly unearthed bootlegs list

Post by Heston »

I read that earlier. Sounds a bit fishy to me. 3 or 4 totally unheard boots all showing up at once sounds too good to be true.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

True. I think for Hamburg she meant to put the 20th, not the 12th.

bmc
Dirty Punk

Post by bmc »

Facebook is awful. I don't; know why people bother with Facebook Clash sites. As a result I can't find the post with the list of a lost but found box of tapes.

I tend to think this box does exist but who knows?

BasingSt78
Corner Soul

Post by BasingSt78 »

I have seen this "treasure trove" list before. If it seems too good to be true,... I've been down too many dead ends looking for uncirculated shows. I fear the supply is nearly/totally exhausted. Seeing as it was 40+ years ago, we're lucky to have what we do I suppose. If Sony is sitting on anything they are in no rush to release it. It is obvious the band washed their hands of us with the box set. Do you remember the complaints from the boys about how many takes SP made them do on GEER? Why not do a box set release of ALL the GEER session tapes, as Rhino did with "Funhouse"? I know, wishful thinking. My guess is if you searched Bernie's flat you would find some gems, but he is such a prick we'll never hear them. Hope springs eternal though, Don Letts are you listening? Bob Gruen ? Anyone....

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

These are due to resurface very soon
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6169

BasingSt78
Corner Soul

Post by BasingSt78 »

WM, I would like nothing better. But if it hasn't happened yet, it is not going to. I have no idea what motivates people to post nonsense like this. Human nature is incomprehensible. These tapes have been promised for well over a decade. I've been at this a long time, and can think of five people right now who would gladly pay for shipping, insurance, do the A-D conversions, and make the results available for downloads or trades at NO cost.

Count me in to share any financial costs, labor, or anything else that would make this happen. But it is an offer I know I'll never be asked to make good on. I'm listening to Clouds 77 right now, so nothing would make me happier, aside from the impeachment of Donald Trump, than to hear these shows. Please prove me wrong. BasingSt78

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

BasingSt78 wrote:
02 Feb 2017, 8:10pm
WM, I would like nothing better. But if it hasn't happened yet, it is not going to. I have no idea what motivates people to post nonsense like this. Human nature is incomprehensible. These tapes have been promised for well over a decade. I've been at this a long time, and can think of five people right now who would gladly pay for shipping, insurance, do the A-D conversions, and make the results available for downloads or trades at NO cost.

Count me in to share any financial costs, labor, or anything else that would make this happen. But it is an offer I know I'll never be asked to make good on. I'm listening to Clouds 77 right now, so nothing would make me happier, aside from the impeachment of Donald Trump, than to hear these shows. Please prove me wrong. BasingSt78
Im all on board for that as well mate, but alas, i fear your right.