BAD Restoration Campaign

Online music exchange.
River
Long Time Jerk

Re: BAD Restoration Campaign

Post by River »

Heston wrote:Listening the the Edinburgh gig, it varies spectacularly from excellent (Beatbox) to terrible (Rock Non Stop) within the space of the first two songs. Aside from the latter song, Mick is on pretty great form vocal-wise.
I don't mind Rock Non Stop actually. Always one of my favorites.

Mr. Walker Said is actually a highlight for me. I really love this song, and it works well to me live. I'm kinda surprised with the omission of Just Play Music, its highly likely its missing though. Mick had a nice rant at the end of E=MC2, calling a guy in the crowd a "fucking idiot."

Mick does sound very good in this gig though. Like I said earlier, kinda a Bradford "redux." Really sad considering it was probably wasn't even a week later Mick got sick.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

River wrote:
Heston wrote:Listening the the Edinburgh gig, it varies spectacularly from excellent (Beatbox) to terrible (Rock Non Stop) within the space of the first two songs. Aside from the latter song, Mick is on pretty great form vocal-wise.

Mr. Walker Said is actually a highlight for me. I really love this song, and it works well to me live. I'm kinda surprised with the omission of Just Play Music, its highly likely its missing though. Mick had a nice rant at the end of E=MC2, calling a guy in the crowd a "fucking idiot."

Mick does sound very good in this gig though. Like I said earlier, kinda a Bradford "redux." Really sad considering it was probably wasn't even a week later Mick got sick.
I like Rock Non Stop well enough on the album (albeit not worthy of an opener), but it just doesn't cut it live here. Mick's singing is well off key in his lower register, and his guitar sounds out of tune when he gets round to actually playing it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Heston wrote:
River wrote:

I like Rock Non Stop well enough on the album (albeit not worthy of an opener), but it just doesn't cut it live here. Mick's singing is well off key in his lower register, and his guitar sounds out of tune when he gets round to actually playing it.
Listening back, Mick does sound off vocal wise. I really like the arrangement to A Party. It works really well as the encore starter. 1999 is really good here too. The fake ending is great, you can tell Mick wasn't finished.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Shit, I wish this gig was in Bradford quality. I've given it a full listen now and it's pretty storming. Bottom Line is terrific.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Heston wrote:Shit, I wish this gig was in Bradford quality. I've given it a full listen now and it's pretty storming. Bottom Line is terrific.
It is really good, yeah. There's just certain shows where they just sound incredible. I really wish there were more gigs from this period. Every one I've head has sounded so good. I thought I remember seeing in the BAD facebook group that someone recorded the Barrowlands gig.

Heston

Post by Heston »

River wrote:
Heston wrote:Shit, I wish this gig was in Bradford quality. I've given it a full listen now and it's pretty storming. Bottom Line is terrific.
It is really good, yeah. There's just certain shows where they just sound incredible. I really wish there were more gigs from this period. Every one I've head has sounded so good. I thought I remember seeing in the BAD facebook group that someone recorded the Barrowlands gig.
Ironically, the Newcastle show of this tour was the only local BAD gig I ever missed. I've seen them seven times in total but really regretted not seeing that one. I somehow avoided any news of it actually happening. I suppose in those pre-internet days all it took was an overlooked small ad in the NME and you'd missed your favourite band.

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Heston wrote:
River wrote:
Ironically, the Newcastle show of this tour was the only local BAD gig I ever missed. I've seen them seven times in total but really regretted not seeing that one. I somehow avoided any news of it actually happening. I suppose in those pre-internet days all it took was an overlooked small ad in the NME and you'd missed your favourite band.
Oh man thats a rough one to miss. From the sound of the gigs we have, this tour seems like their best one. Just very tight performances, and amazing singing from Mick. But then again, I've only really heard these gigs BB has put up. 88 is so far the only tour I have complete so I'm sure there are some great shows I haven't heard yet.

Heston

Post by Heston »

River wrote:
Heston wrote:
River wrote:
Oh man thats a rough one to miss. From the sound of the gigs we have, this tour seems like their best one. Just very tight performances, and amazing singing from Mick. But then again, I've only really heard these gigs BB has put up. 88 is so far the only tour I have complete so I'm sure there are some great shows I haven't heard yet.
An acquaintance of mine loves rubbing it in that it was his first ever BAD gig. He torments me by saying how fantastic they were. The twat even has the ticket still framed on his wall... :mrgreen:

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Heston wrote:
River wrote:
Heston wrote:
River wrote:
An acquaintance of mine loves rubbing it in that it was his first ever BAD gig. He torments me by saying how fantastic they were. The twat even has the ticket still framed on his wall... :mrgreen:
:lol: When I saw BAD in Boston for their reunion tour, I was able to meet Mick, and listen to their soundcheck. My cousin was also going to the gig and showed up a few hours later. Needless to say, she was very jealous.

Heston

Post by Heston »

River wrote:I really like the arrangement to A Party. It works really well as the encore starter.
Just thought I'd mention how great this sounded, especially at the end when they start improvising.

Also, I think I remember TeddyB mentioning that Bradford wasn't in the vaults, I wonder if he could confirm? Definitely my new Holy Grail, just behind the Sandinitra and Cut the Crap masters/stems.

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Heston wrote:
River wrote:I really like the arrangement to A Party. It works really well as the encore starter.
Just thought I'd mention how great this sounded, especially at the end when they start improvising.

Also, I think I remember TeddyB mentioning that Bradford wasn't in the vaults, I wonder if he could confirm? Definitely my new Holy Grail, just behind the Sandinitra and Cut the Crap masters/stems.
Oh man I'd lose it if we got a full Bradford. That and probably the Lewisham full soundboard is my holy grail.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

I think i've got 1 or 2 more 88 gigs in my archive

in other hands i just broke one of my dvdr full of BAD 2 gigs... damn...

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

bazarboy75 wrote:I think i've got 1 or 2 more 88 gigs in my archive

in other hands i just broke one of my dvdr full of BAD 2 gigs... damn...
Whatever it is, I'd love to hear it. And that really sucks about the BAD 2 gigs. I've heard a few things here and there from BAD 2 live and its pretty good.

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Did anyone ever get in touch with the guy who posted on the BAD facebook group about his Barrowlands gig that he taped?

Edit: I forgot to put where I found it. Its in the comments of Greg's photo of the bootlegs he has on tape. Someone brought up that they have a Barrowlands recording in pretty good quality. Found it when going through the photos, looking for some cool live shots.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

bazarboy75 wrote:I think i've got 1 or 2 more 88 gigs in my archive
Hey Seb, any more on these gigs?
I realized I've listened to Bradford probably 10 times over the past few days. Thats one concert I'll never be able to stop praising.