London Lyceum October 22 1981

Online music exchange.
Post Reply
davelhc
Corner Soul
Posts: 3
Joined: 08 Jul 2015, 4:28pm

London Lyceum October 22 1981

Post by davelhc » 10 Jul 2015, 5:27pm

Hi everyone

I've lurked on this forum for a while and have got a lot out of it (particularly the megalist) and thought I'd share this with you:

I did a bit of an EQ job on the Oct 22 '81 Lyceum tape. I love this era of The Clash, and there aren't many good sounding shows from the second half of 1981, when they were (arguably) at their musical peak.

Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/287e3 ... 81_pt1.zip
Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5pcol ... 81_pt2.zip

This is a top show if you like this period, but I found the tape a bit harsh to listen to, so I brought up the low end and tried to even out some of the harsher frequencies in the mids... I'm no pro but I think i got a decent balance between depth and clarity, I certainly prefer it. It sounds less like it's playing through a phone - the drums and guitars have more impact this way. I used a little compression on the low end but i didn't mess with the dynamics of the show overall. One More Time still sounds murkier than the rest of the gig- I guess they were getting the levels right.

The files are WAVs because I don't have anything that saves as FLAC, but they convert easily enough.

Hope some of you enjoy this - thanks very much for all the work you all do.

I'll leave the links up for a week.

bmc
Dirty Punk
Posts: 97
Joined: 15 Mar 2009, 7:48pm

Re: London Lyceum October 22 1981

Post by bmc » 09 Aug 2016, 5:49pm

Could you report this? Thanks Graham

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13509
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: London Lyceum October 22 1981

Post by Silent Majority » 10 Aug 2016, 4:19am

bmc wrote:Could you report this? Thanks Graham
Just to make it clear for the original poster, this was a typo for "repost."
Not teargas nor baton charge
That stops you taking the city


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27590
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: London Lyceum October 22 1981

Post by Heston » 10 Aug 2016, 4:38am

Silent Majority wrote:
bmc wrote:Could you report this? Thanks Graham
Just to make it clear for the original poster, this was a typo for "repost."
Too late, I've already called the cops.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13509
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: London Lyceum October 22 1981

Post by Silent Majority » 10 Aug 2016, 6:28am

Heston wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
bmc wrote:Could you report this? Thanks Graham
Just to make it clear for the original poster, this was a typo for "repost."
Too late, I've already called the cops.
You're twisting my melon, man.
Not teargas nor baton charge
That stops you taking the city


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27590
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: London Lyceum October 22 1981

Post by Heston » 10 Aug 2016, 6:50am

Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
bmc wrote:Could you report this? Thanks Graham
Just to make it clear for the original poster, this was a typo for "repost."
Too late, I've already called the cops.
You're twisting my melon, man.
I anticipated that response but I was expecting it from Marky. :mrgreen:
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 37546
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: London Lyceum October 22 1981

Post by Marky Dread » 10 Aug 2016, 10:05pm

Heston wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
bmc wrote:Could you report this? Thanks Graham
Just to make it clear for the original poster, this was a typo for "repost."
Too late, I've already called the cops.
You're twisting my melon, man.
I anticipated that response but I was expecting it from Marky. :mrgreen:
Hey rainmaker, come away from that man. :kiss:
"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

davelhc
Corner Soul
Posts: 3
Joined: 08 Jul 2015, 4:28pm

Re: London Lyceum October 22 1981

Post by davelhc » 06 Oct 2016, 2:07am

Hi

Sorry to be late coming back to you on this.

Here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8uieaih48 ... 22_pt1.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/31ogv8g55 ... 22_pt2.zip

Let me know if you have any problems.

gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1245
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: London Lyceum October 22 1981

Post by gkbill » 07 Oct 2016, 8:27pm

davelhc wrote:Hi

Sorry to be late coming back to you on this.

Here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8uieaih48 ... 22_pt1.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/31ogv8g55 ... 22_pt2.zip

Let me know if you have any problems.
Hello,

Thanks very much. I now have my evening planned!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests