Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Online music exchange.
Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26120
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Post by Heston » 09 Feb 2015, 6:02am

Rat Patrol wrote:
Heston wrote:
Something Else, BBC2-TV, 01/1978 (video source)
BMC Info: BMC Info: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/779 ... %20TV.html
Tracklisting: Clash City Rockers, Tommy Gun
all tracks available on 'Essential Clash' DVD
These two tracks weren't on the Essential Clash DVD.
'Revolution Rock' DVD. Corrected.
Hate to be a pedant but they weren't on the RR DVD either. I don't recall them ever getting an official release.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14581
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Post by Rat Patrol » 09 Feb 2015, 6:58am

Heston wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Heston wrote:
Something Else, BBC2-TV, 01/1978 (video source)
BMC Info: BMC Info: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/779 ... %20TV.html
Tracklisting: Clash City Rockers, Tommy Gun
all tracks available on 'Essential Clash' DVD
These two tracks weren't on the Essential Clash DVD.
'Revolution Rock' DVD. Corrected.
Hate to be a pedant but they weren't on the RR DVD either. I don't recall them ever getting an official release.
Third time's the charm: they're extras on the Rude Boy DVD. Playing in a window on my PC as I type this post.
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35431
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Post by Marky Dread » 10 Feb 2015, 8:28pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
Heston wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Heston wrote:
Something Else, BBC2-TV, 01/1978 (video source)
BMC Info: BMC Info: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/779 ... %20TV.html
Tracklisting: Clash City Rockers, Tommy Gun
all tracks available on 'Essential Clash' DVD
These two tracks weren't on the Essential Clash DVD.
'Revolution Rock' DVD. Corrected.
Hate to be a pedant but they weren't on the RR DVD either. I don't recall them ever getting an official release.
Third time's the charm: they're extras on the Rude Boy DVD. Playing in a window on my PC as I type this post.
I know there are a couple of different DVD Rude Boy releases RP, but my special edition DVD does not contain the Something Else tracks. Mine has White Riot - Kinema, Dunfirmline. 6th July 1978 & English Civil War - Lyceum, London. 3rd January 1979.

Also worth noting that there are two takes of Tommy Gun from Something Else.
Image
Image

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26120
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Post by Heston » 10 Feb 2015, 8:43pm

Marky Dread wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Heston wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Heston wrote: These two tracks weren't on the Essential Clash DVD.
'Revolution Rock' DVD. Corrected.
Hate to be a pedant but they weren't on the RR DVD either. I don't recall them ever getting an official release.
Third time's the charm: they're extras on the Rude Boy DVD. Playing in a window on my PC as I type this post.
I know there are a couple of different DVD Rude Boy releases RP, but my special edition DVD does not contain the Something Else tracks. Mine has White Riot - Kinema, Dunfirmline. 6th July 1978 & English Civil War - Lyceum, London. 3rd January 1979.
Indeed, my Rude Boy doesn't have the Something Else appearances, but I thought I'd been pedantic enough for one thread.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14581
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Post by Rat Patrol » 10 Feb 2015, 8:47pm

Marky Dread wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Heston wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Heston wrote: These two tracks weren't on the Essential Clash DVD.
'Revolution Rock' DVD. Corrected.
Hate to be a pedant but they weren't on the RR DVD either. I don't recall them ever getting an official release.
Third time's the charm: they're extras on the Rude Boy DVD. Playing in a window on my PC as I type this post.
I know there are a couple of different DVD Rude Boy releases RP, but my special edition DVD does not contain the Something Else tracks. Mine has White Riot - Kinema, Dunfirmline. 6th July 1978 & English Civil War - Lyceum, London. 3rd January 1979.

Also worth noting that there are two takes of Tommy Gun from Something Else.
U.S. edition does have it.

At any rate, if it's on any in-print Sony release it's not going up here. What inevitably happens is 20 people copy/paste the Megalist and pass it off on their music blogs as original work. And half those blogs lump in the legal tape-trading stuff with blatantly illegal official-release d/l links they suck off somebody else's private messageboard. And then there's a big high-profile target lighting up Google in Some Dude's blog that gets takedown notices sent to every server account inadvertently hosting any of the links he copy/pasted...even when some of said servers have nothing but fully legal content on them and have no idea they're being listed with less-kosher links.

We didn't have to do this last time with MegaUpload because that service would take anonymous, account-less uploads that lasted in perpetuity so long as they didn't go (6?) weeks or more without a single download. None of the current crop of sharing sites are that permissive...anonymous u/l's on Mega expire after 7 days only. So you've got to have a this stuff on registered accounts...and that makes you more of a target for takedowns if it isn't all squeaky-clean. So I intend to be squeaky-clean and have an airtight defense for batting away any unwelcome attention that may come our way no thanks to those indiscriminate copy-pasta blogs.
Image

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26120
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Post by Heston » 10 Feb 2015, 8:52pm

Rat Patrol wrote:At any rate, if it's on any in-print Sony release it's not going up here. What inevitably happens is 20 people copy/paste the Megalist and pass it off on their music blogs as original work. And half those blogs lump in the tape-trading stuff with blatantly illegal official-release d/l links they suck off somebody else's messageboard. And then there's a high-profile target in dude's blog that gets takedown notices sent to every server account hosting any of the links...even when some of said servers have nothing but legal content on them.

We didn't have to do this last time with MegaUpload because that service would take anonymous, account-less uploads that lasted in perpetuity so long as they didn't go (6?) weeks without a download. None of the current crop of sharing sites are that permissive...anonymous u/l's on Mega expire after 7 days. So you've got to have a this stuff on registered accounts...and that makes you more of a target for takedowns if it isn't all squeaky-clean. So I intend to be squeaky-clean and have an airtight defense for batting away any unwelcome attention that may come our way no thanks to those indiscriminate copy-pasta blogs.
Totally agree with all that, was just trying to keep the thread as factually correct as possible, what with it being the definitive Megalist. If it's on the US edition, fair enough.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35431
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Post by Marky Dread » 10 Feb 2015, 9:30pm

Interestingly I just noticed Rude Boy is getting a Blu-ray release on April 6th this year.

Okay posted elsewhere. I've been away for a week.
Image
Image

white man
User avatar
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 722
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:12pm
Location: Penshaw Manor

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Post by white man » 12 Feb 2015, 1:35pm

Marky Dread wrote:Interestingly I just noticed Rude Boy is getting a Blu-ray release on April 6th this year.

Okay posted elsewhere. I've been away for a week.
Keep up at the back there ;)

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35431
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Post by Marky Dread » 12 Feb 2015, 1:38pm

white man wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Interestingly I just noticed Rude Boy is getting a Blu-ray release on April 6th this year.

Okay posted elsewhere. I've been away for a week.
Keep up at the back there ;)
Step-dad was in hospital so head was elsewhere. Not that I need an excuse to miss anything here. :mrgreen:
Image
Image

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25036
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Post by Flex » 14 Feb 2015, 7:29pm

This is incredible, thanks for all the hard work Ratty.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26120
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Post by Heston » 14 Feb 2015, 9:42pm

Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Interestingly I just noticed Rude Boy is getting a Blu-ray release on April 6th this year.

Okay posted elsewhere. I've been away for a week.
Keep up at the back there ;)
Step-dad was in hospital so head was elsewhere. Not that I need an excuse to miss anything here. :mrgreen:
Hope he's on the mend mate.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35431
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Post by Marky Dread » 15 Feb 2015, 4:02am

Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Interestingly I just noticed Rude Boy is getting a Blu-ray release on April 6th this year.

Okay posted elsewhere. I've been away for a week.
Keep up at the back there ;)
Step-dad was in hospital so head was elsewhere. Not that I need an excuse to miss anything here. :mrgreen:
Hope he's on the mend mate.
He's very frail at the moment a slow road to recovery. But thanks mate appreciated.
Image
Image

white man
User avatar
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 722
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:12pm
Location: Penshaw Manor

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Post by white man » 15 Feb 2015, 4:47am

Hope he gets well soon mate.

Joe Moses
User avatar
Corner Soul
Posts: 45
Joined: 07 Mar 2015, 1:40pm

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Post by Joe Moses » 07 Mar 2015, 3:27pm

now that is a megalist - gonna have to grab one or two of those - thanks very much for all the hard work in putting these up

coffeepotman
Junco Partner
Posts: 478
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 1:51pm

Re: Boots Galore - The Clash MEGALIST (reloaded)

Post by coffeepotman » 08 Mar 2015, 10:51am

You guys are the best! Thank you so much

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest