some BAD...

Online music exchange.
TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: some BAD...

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Marky Dread wrote:
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:Well, that is basically true. They did record the Empire and nothing happened with it. Short of that, the best sounding SBD/broadcast is Lollapalooza.
Teddy did the band actually get anywhere near a recording studio? Wasn't there rumors at the time that "Rob Peter to Pay Paul" was to be recorded or did I dream that?
Not dreaming. There were some new overdubs done onto old basic tracks at Mick's studio and preliminary negotiations to release Rob Peter Pay Paul. Whether the song would have been redone from scratch would have been up for discussion.

The band had/has an entire album's worth of unreleased material from the '87-'88 era, including a fistful of Strummer/Jones co-writes,
that would have comprised the starting point for the mooted reunion release back in 2011.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:Well, that is basically true. They did record the Empire and nothing happened with it. Short of that, the best sounding SBD/broadcast is Lollapalooza.
Teddy did the band actually get anywhere near a recording studio? Wasn't there rumors at the time that "Rob Peter to Pay Paul" was to be recorded or did I dream that?
Not dreaming. There were some new overdubs done onto old basic tracks at Mick's studio and preliminary negotiations to release Rob Peter Pay Paul. Whether the song would have been redone from scratch would have been up for discussion.

The band had/has an entire album's worth of unreleased material from the '87-'88 era, including a fistful of Strummer/Jones co-writes,
that would have comprised the starting point for the mooted reunion release back in 2011.
Awesome! except now I'm dreaming that those tracks will see the light of day.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

Don't know yet if this is an upgrade but here it is a link to get the NY 1987 show as FLAC

// Edit// it's not only the gigs we knows it's several Plaza's gigs so let's get them !

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/b ... 63209.html

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

bazarboy75 wrote:Don't know yet if this is an upgrade but here it is a link to get the NY 1987 show as FLAC

// Edit// it's not only the gigs we knows it's several Plaza's gigs so let's get them !

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/b ... 63209.html
Oh man this is awesome! Too bad about it being through file factory (hour downloads) but I'm excited to hear these. So it looks like they did a residency in in New York then.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

River wrote:
Oh man this is awesome! Too bad about it being through file factory (hour downloads) but I'm excited to hear these. So it looks like they did a residency in in New York then.
yeah i red somewhere they done 16 shows

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Got all the shows downloaded. These are really sounding great. However, I think theres one more show from the residency and its the Irving Plaza gig listed as being from February. I think this one fits in as being on the 27th, 28th, or 29th. Fits in there because 1999 was dropped and Beyond the Pale was added which was played again on the 30th and possibly the 26th as that set is incomplete. So far, I absolutely love that they played US Now more than just those England gigs from around Feb/March. God, that song is so good.

Edit: Well, I'm wrong actually. Compared the show from the 26th (missing first few songs), to the phantom Irving Plaza show and it matches up perfectly. The 26th is actually an upgrade to this show, featuring the previously missing 2nd encore of Sightsee and 1999.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

I didn't made some comparaison but the gig from irving plaza at i allready got is labelled to be the 23rd

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

US Now from the 25th for these Irving shows is so good. I've been replaying this one quite a few times over the past few days. I really like the added lyrics too. I think I've got US Now down for the most of the lyrics.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

River wrote:US Now from the 25th for these Irving shows is so good. I've been replaying this one quite a few times over the past few days. I really like the added lyrics too. I think I've got US Now down for the most of the lyrics.
US North?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Marky Dread wrote:
River wrote:US Now from the 25th for these Irving shows is so good. I've been replaying this one quite a few times over the past few days. I really like the added lyrics too. I think I've got US Now down for the most of the lyrics.
US North?

I'm never sure. I've heard Mick call it US Now on stage, I've seen it as US North, and I think one instance of North of the Border.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Listening to 21Apr87 and it's very good, well recorded and the band is really hot. I'm not sure if I want to DL all the shows but is there anyone in particular that is above the rest?

blureu
Dirty Punk

Post by blureu »

Has a recording of the Oct 89 Roseland NYC show ever surfaced? Just recall that I was there after sampling the 87 Irving Plaza shows. Thanks in advance.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

blureu wrote:Has a recording of the Oct 89 Roseland NYC show ever surfaced? Just recall that I was there after sampling the 87 Irving Plaza shows. Thanks in advance.
Yes a boot appeared
Not to good quality trought...

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

coffeepotman wrote:Listening to 21Apr87 and it's very good, well recorded and the band is really hot. I'm not sure if I want to DL all the shows but is there anyone in particular that is above the rest?
The 30th got the best Sony version i've ever heard (sound and performance)

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Am dl the 30 right now